[amibroker] Re: Holy Grail? NOT!

Hi, TJ,

Thanks for the info. I do know I can use the ApplyStop() as I do use
the 4.28.1 version.

However, while I am developing a system, I use a template and adding
variations to it, I happened to use other SELL condition and just
thought how if I just make it into a N-bar SELL. (I suppose, I would
get the same test results, wouldn't I ? Please correct me if there is
anything wrong with my code.) There are many ways to skin a cat, but
the end results and IF the procedure performed correctly, the end
results should be the same skinless cat, right? ;-)

As for the looking into future, I have tried to explain a couple of
times, including the explanation in the code, since I have delayed
the exit for so many bars, I do not see using trade delay of 0 is a
concern at all. Run it on any ticker and use 'explore' and you will
see the unexplainable results I saw.

In one of the reply message I sent, I also mentioned that you can
also get some horrible results, I just picked up CIEN as an example.
There are too many examples that go in extreme, unrealistic results,
good or bad. If I looked into the future, most of the test results
should be pretty good, right?

Thomas

> Hello,
>
> I don't understand why you are doing this hard way.
>
> Just use v4.28.1 and add
>
> ApplyStop( 3, 1, 20, True ); // automatic N-bar stop, here N is set
to 20 bars.

> As for getting incredible results - it is easy to explain.
> Your formula uses indicators like ATR (which use close, high and
low)
> while trading on open without delay.
>
> This is looking into the future. Add delay of one bar and the
incredible results
> will disappear. As a general rule: if you are trading on OPEN you
should
> add delay of one bar (if you are using indicators that reference
either H,L,C of
> current bar)
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko