[amibroker] Re: Help with reentry after stopped out

Hi
Great post!.
I couldn't agree more ...
The whole thing about stops, trailing stops and reentry etc... in a
system is bothering me for a while now.
Eye balling charts with whatever signals in it shows that a lot of
times a signal is the "wrong" place.
So I just wanted to see with numbers and simulated trades if there is
a significant difference between a no reentry system and reentry
system.
Also we all read and heard that "If the reasons to enter a trade are
still in place one should reenter even after stopped out"
Now doing that in AB is not easy for me.
Also would have liked to do it with a system which generates RANDOM
entries. - not a "canned" one.
I do not even know if this is possible or not, I know thare is a
Random function but I do not even know where to start and how to use
it.
Also it seem to me that I may need to use 2 separate systems, one for
buy/sell and one for short/cover aince
I'm really confused (I just start reading about AFL) how AFL really
works.
I'm sure it can be done but I hoped I can short my learning curve if
someone already tried something at least similar.
thanks
adrian
PS
I'll know if is dead end road after I see the "reports" of such an
approach :)
So far rentry is the way to go!

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "slyde88 <csoderback@xxxx>"