[amibroker] Re: Help with reentry after stopped out

> Hi
> I'm having a tough time coding a reentry after a protective stop
was
> triggered.
> Lets assume that my Buy signal was too early or the price moved
> against me ( I was stopped out)but then moved in my direction
> however the 'system' already fired and I do not get a new buy.
> I would like to reneter once my current price > initial BuyPrice

snip

> thanks
> adrian
>
> Any input greatly appreciated

What you have run into is the reality of trading. Stock action
is not a math function and entirely predictable. If you set the
system to only make one trade a day you can easily get stopped out
at the open and miss a good run during the day. Also, you can
be stopped out by the price just bouncing around in normal
trading. The same goes for buys and sells, The price action
can just bounce around the buy price giving many buys or sells.

If you code a crossover system, the system will fire if you go
just 1 cent over the buy price, the same for a sell. This is a
hair trigger and one would never trade this way. Then again
there can be a conflict between the stop and the sell or buy signal
and which one takes precedent. This happens with trailing stops.

Another conflict is setting tight stops on entering a trade, they
are fine if the stop has predicable action, but if it bounces
around then you will just get stopped out and you will always
loose money.

The book writers, authors and newpaper owners all have what they
claim are iron clad rules which you should follow and you can't
loose. The only problem is they don't work out very well in real
trading.

You can code just about anything in AB and that is not my point.
Everybody has their own trading style and AB should be used as
a tool to enhance your style. Rather than follow some preconcieved
system think how you would trade, where would you buy and where
would you sell and why. Once you have decided on your rules then
you can program these into AB. This isn't easy and few are successful
at making a really good system, if they have a good system they
will trade it and not try to sell books with the system, for the
reason if many use the system the system will fail.

I know this is a kind of long diatribe, but it should be given
thought so you don't keep following dead end roads. Your question
was how do I re-enter a trade after being stopped out, maybe it
should be do I really want to re-enter the trade after being
stopped out, this is the tough decision.

                    Cliff s