[amibroker] Re: Holy Grail? NOT!

In general, you are close to real conditions when you
buy/sell/short/cover at Open with delay=+1.
As you understand, you can not trade with delay=0.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ara Kaloustian" <ara1@xxxx> wrote:
> It would be hard to comment without having specific described
fully. Generally seeing the ppart of the code is needed to decipher
what is going on.

> Getting outrageous results usually stems from using forward looking
statements... like bying at the opening price when your decision is
based on the closing price... etc

> Take a close look at your code for suck items. if you can not find
any problems, post your code with desciption of problems as well as
your explorer results and someone could probably help you

> Ara

of 'explore'

>   Thanks.
>

>   Thomas
>

>   --------------------------------------------------------------
>

>   // ATR range breakout system, run on daily bars
>

>   //
>

>   //
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   ----------------------------------
>

>   // System defines
>

>   //
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   ----------------------------------
>

>   SetTradeDelays(0, 0, 0, 0);
>

>   //
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   ----------------------------------
>

>   // System Parameters
>

>   //
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   ----------------------------------
>

>   smoothB = 10;
>

>   multipleB = 0.6;
>

>   wait = 20;
>

>   smoothS = smoothB;
>

>   multipleS = multipleB;
>

>   entryB = C + multipleB * ATR(smoothB);
>

>   entryS = C - multipleS * ATR(smoothS);
>

>   priceB = Ref(entryB, -1);
>

>   priceS = Ref(entryS, -1);
>

>   CondBuy = IIf(H > priceB, 1, 0);   // priceB is previous bar price
>

>   CondShort = IIf(L < priceS, 1, 0);
>

>   //
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   ----------------------------------
>

>   // Trading System Rules
>

>   //
>   ------------------------------------------------------------------
----

>   Buy   = CondBuy;         // CondBuy was created for debug only
>

>   Sell  = Ref(Buy, -wait); // supposedly a 20 day wait before SELL
>

>   Short = CondShort;
>

>   Cover = Ref(Short, -wait);
>

>   ExRemSpan(Buy, wait);      // I thought I don'e need this, because
>

>   ExRemSpan(Short, wait);    // equity(1) is used below
>

>   BuyPrice   = IIf(Open > priceB, Open, priceB);
>

>   ShortPrice = IIf(Open < priceS, Open, priceS);

> [...]
Service.