[amibroker] Re: US stocks database (for TJ and Anthony)

To TJ and Anthony,

TJ, I hope you will not get side tracked into weekly updating a list
of stocks for Yahoo downloading. An update once or twice a year
would be fine in my view.

Anthony, I have found the followinig to help a lot.

1. Use two databases for Yahoo data -- a big one for backtesting and
a smaller one for trading.

2. My back test database of Yahoo data contains every stock and has
full 15 year plus histories. Since I use this for backtesting ideas,
it only needs updating it evey 3 months or so. And when I do, I make
it a complete 15 year history download to take care of the split
stocks. I NEVER do daily downloads to this database to avoid having
to hunt down splits.

2. My working database contains the type of stocks I am currently
interested in. It ranges in size from 100 to 300 stocks. I update
this one regularly. Every so often I delete it and make a new
working database -- just to care out the dead wood and to get ride
of any split stock problems in the price histories.

The other alternative is to sign up for TC2000 or QP2.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Faragasso <ajf1111@xxxx>