[amibroker] Re: System Lock Up Win XP, eSignal, Poor Internet Connection

Hi,
I too am having a problem using Amibroker with XP. The problem is
that when I do a daily update, I export the info from a program
called Chartsmart. It is exported in one file. When I start to import
the file the computer comes to a halt, but doesn't quite lockup. When
I bring up the task manager, it says that it has stopped responding
and CPU usage its 5-10%. I have tried reinstalling the program and
importing the history goes well, but when I get to the daily updates
then it slows down to the point that I go watch TV while it imports
the file. The computer is a 2.4ghz with 512mg ram.
 The computer that I was using had no problems doing things the same
way. It was a P3 600mgh with 256mg ram. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Rod

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Udo.Harke@xxxx wrote:
> Hi Carl,
>
> maybe you should check your modem setup (press WINDOWS + BREAK).
Sometimes, people use a modem time-out that is extremely short!

> Regards,
>
> Udo

Internet Connection

>   I am trading from Ecuador and at times my DSL connection is
>   sporadic. It can go stop for 15 seconds and then resume. When
using
>   AB real time with eSignal and 1 minute bars the system locks up.
>   When this happens I notice that my eSignal plugin is not "OK" and
>   most times I get a message that the eSignal plugin is partially
>   connected before the system locks. At that point I must
physically
>   turn of the computer. I have a 2.4 Ghz system with 512 mb ram and
>   generally the processor is not taxed. I am using the 1.3.0
version
>   of the eSignal plugin.
>
>   I have no problem with the eSignal charts (or any other program).
>   Could there be something that I have overlooked in the program's
>   installation or the XP installation?
>

>         Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>   Check group FAQ at:

Service.