Re: [amibroker] Creating an artifical security.

Bill,

Graham already presented the code and it is nice.
But I started to wonder if it wouldn't be easier for you to use
Foreign/Ref function instead. I mean instead of creating artificial ticker
and then using it somewhere else
use

Dummy = Ref( Foreign("Original Security", "C" ), -1 );

in the *final* indicator you want to create.

To change the last day data simply use:

Dummy = Ref( Foreign("Original Security", "C" ), -1 );
Dummy = IIF( Cum(1) == LastValue( Cum(1) ), FINALDAYVALUE, Dummy );

(in most recent version 4.28 it can be also coded using BarIndex() :)

Dummy = IIF( BarIndex() == LastValue( BarIndex() ), FINALDAYVALUE, Dummy );

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com