RE: [amibroker] importing ASX data: Stocks vs Options/Warrants

Thanks
for your input Grant. I'm still very new to the overall subject of data
mining, and open to all suggestions.<SPAN
class=053543601-05102002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>

Regards,
Mark
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr

<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: grant
[mailto:gkwall@xxxx]Sent: Saturday, 5 October 2002 10:58
AMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
importing ASX data: Stocks vs Options/WarrantsGood point
Mark,     The thing is there's so many warrants and not a
lot of them are tech analysis friendly. Maybe you need to find some your
interested in and manually sort them and script out the others.
Basicly I hav'nt got a clue but will also look forward to a solution.

Grant
Mark Allen wrote:
 Hi All,
For some time I've been deleting ASX options and warrants after
their import into AB's database, since I felt there was little
need to handle them if I didn't intend to trade them. For one
reason or another I've decided to start keeping them, but am
finding the manual job of sorting them into separate groups
from Stocks extremely tedious (Symbol/Organize assignments).
This raises two questions:
1) Is it acceptable practice to sort both Options and Warrants
into one group and Stocks into another, or is it more desirable
to also split Options and Warrants into their own separate
groups (for scanning as distinct entities due to predictable
differences in behaviour or handling etc)?
2) Tomasz provided a script (attached) some time ago with which
to delete ASX warrants and options, since it filters basedon
the number of characters in the symbols name (ASX stocks have 3
character codes, options and warrants have 6 characters) before
deleting the latter. I presume this script could be modified to
perform a groupID change (rather then DELETE) if the first
scenario above was deemed acceptable. I also presume it could
even be modified to separate options and warrants given that
warrants (as far as I know) contain "W" as the fourth character
in their codes, if the second scenario above was deemed
preferrable. Unfortunately, after looking at the attached
script and the documentation, I can see I'm a long way off from
learning the solution that way. I thought there had been previous
discussion on this issue quite some time ago, but Yahoo searches
have come up empty. I'm very curious to know what other ASX
users are doing the handle this issue, what solutions you may
have in place, and what comments you care to make about this
issue in general.
Any and all feedback greatly appreciated.
Regards,
      Mark
Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to:
amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Web page: <A