Re: TJ: tick charts, historical data

I am also working with tick charts. I found out yesterday that when
importing ascii files ticks less than five seconds apart are
compressed to one tick, the last tick of those five seconds is the
one used. That five second interval can store an open, high, low,
close. So in order to get all my data into AB I first made 50 tick
bars of my data and then stored each one in each five second slot. My
tick provider didn't provide seconds with the data so I faked it out.
For each bar that was the same time (in minutes) as the previous bar
I added five seconds. For example, 09:08:00, 09:08:05, 09:08:10, etc.
This way instead of begin limited to 12 ticks per minute (60/5), I
could store 600 ticks as 12 50tick bars. In this way I could import
my full two years of NQ emini tick data with full resolution, i.e. no
tick compression. BTW, I "built" the tick bars and fake time slots
with a VB app. Don't expect AB to do that for you. Hope this helps.