Re: [amibroker] Re: new fib study

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: new fib study
  • From: "wavemechanic" <wd78@xxxx>
  • Date: 27 Sep 2002 23:53:13 -0000

<BLOCKQUOTE

-----Original Message-----From: eseward_2000
[mailto:eseward_2000@xxxx]Sent: Friday, September 27, 2002 10:15
AMTo: <A
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
[amibroker] Re: new fib studyKen,I scan (explore actually)
for rough patterns, then draw my lines byhand with the drawing tool( eg.
converging channels):Period = 10; // your timeframe here, of
course.Filter = HHV(H, Period) < HHV(H, 2 * Period) AND HHV(H, 2*
Period) <HHV(H, 4 * Period) AND LLV(L, Period) > LLV(L, 2 * Period)
AND LLV(L,2 * Period) > LLV(L, 4 * Period);I choose the recent
peaks for the RE line and recent troughs for SU,and assign Study IDs to
the 2 lines. Then I scan for breaks goingforward:Resistance =
Study("RE");Filter = C > Resistance;Or...Support=
Study("SU");Filter = C < Support;It's really very
straight-forward.And I still haven't found a better way to recognise
patterns than bythe human eye. Still, AB allows me to draw these lines and
forgetthem until they show up in a scan.

Unfortunately, that appears to
be the case.  Maybe Harmonic Traders software will fill that
void.Bill--- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxx..., "Ken Close" <<A
href="">closeks@xxxx...> wrote:>
Bill:>> Can you share an example of how you use a Study ID,
includingdetails within> AB but also the steps you take to work the
program leading totrading> decisions.  It would be quite
helpful and enlightening, I believe.>> Thanks in
advance,>> Ken>> -----Original
Message-----> From: eseward_2000 [mailto:eseward_2000@xxxx]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 6:27 PM> To: <A
href="">amibroker@xxxx...> Subject: [amibroker] Re:
new fib study>>> Tomasz,>> At this point I
live by my Study IDs. Many thanks in advance for any> development in
this area.>> Bill>>> --- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxx..., "Tomasz Janeczko" <<A
href="">amibroker@xxxx...> wrote:> > Corey and
the others,> >> > Thank you for your kind words.>
>> > For your information: Study() function works not only with
Fibtool> but also> > with trend lines as described in the
guide.> >> > More drawing tools are coming...>
amibroker.com> >   ----- Original Message ----->
>   From: CS> >   To: <A
href="">amibroker@xxxx...> >   Sent:
Wednesday, September 25, 2002 4:46 PM> >   Subject: Re:
[amibroker] new fib study> >> >> >
This is excellent.> >> >   I hope you take this
and run with it to include other line> studies too.>
>> >   MetaStock doesn't return anything that can be
used in a formula.> >> >   I very much likethe
high level of user options that you put in> too.> >>
href="">amibroker@xxxx...>
>     Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 1:08
AM> >     Subject: Re: [amibroker] new fib
study> >> >> >
Hello,> >> >     Here is a short
explanation of Fibonacci study> >> >>
>         Yahoo! Groups
Sponsor>

ADVERTISEMENT> >> >> >> >>
>   Post AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
href="">amiquote@xxxx...> >   (Web page:
<A
>> >   Check group FAQ at:> <A
>> >   Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
Yahoo! Terms of> Service.>>>> Post
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
href="">amiquote@xxxx...> (Web page: <A
Check group FAQ at:> <A
href="">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/files/groupfaq.html>>
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to<A
href="">http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/Post
AmiQuote-related messages ONLY to: <A
href="">amiquote@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(Web
page: <A