Re: (beginner) setting up (ASX)

Ash,

I am going down the same track as you. So far I have set up the
Sectors using the zip file in the FILES area called "asxsetup.zip".

My data is coming from Market Cast in alphabetic order covering
Stocks and Options with a few Commodity Futures prices thrown in for
godd measure.

As yet I have not determined how to download into the correct
folders. Let me know if you find out how to do it.

Keith.

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "ashley simmonds" <ashsimmonds@xxxx> wrote:
> hi, i'm sure this has been covered before, i'm fairly new to it all
though and just getting my head around everything. i've chosen
AmiBroker as my tool to learn charting (wisely i hope), i've got my
10 year historical data and trialling Bodhi for current data.

> so i'm in the process of setting up my database and would
appreciate any existing tutorials/help files that may be associated.
and i am also interested in setting it up for options also, however i
can't find a great deal of help regarding options and AmiBroker.

> for those who use Bodhi, is this a good service which slots the
data in easily with AmiBroker? i haven't played with it much as yet,
but i've tried downloading in MetaStock and Ascii format. Ascii
seems the way to go because it's all dumped in one directory whereas
with metastock i have to go through and import each letter. however
the options data is dumped in there as well and i don't quite get the
naming convention.

> so if there's pre-existing answers to these questions please point
me thataway. if there's pitfalls along the way that you can see i'm
going to blindly stumble upon then feel free to illuminate me.