Re: [amibroker] question to Add to composite

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002 11:49:12 +0200, Tomasz Janeczko wrote: >Thomas, > >1. You should select the watch list and re-run the scan. Is it  what >you do?   yes, i make this so, and i have also included 4 to flags to see the time of the last update. And than i see onlythe new time when i select all tickers and run the scan.  It seems also, that nothings scans when i select for example my nasdaq 100 watchlist, or maybe it goes so fast that i cant see it.     >2. The Foreign() is synchronized to base (selected) security.  If >base security does not have quotes for all trading days >some bars from foreign tickers must be removed to  synchronize. This >affects the display     >3. Apparently you don't have all symbols updated correctly  (for all >trading days) - down spikes show days when only a few >symbols have data - these could be false quotes from  weekends. > Thank you, yes, this was the reason I have a few Germany tickers and a lot of US-Tickers in my database, and sometimes only US-Holidays or also Germany Holidays. Now i receive only spikes for the created composite Ticker "~Ticker_Counter". Can i exclude this for the scan   Thank you very much for your support   Thomas Zmuck     >Best regards, >Tomasz  Janeczko >amibroker.com >----- Original Message ----- >From:    Thomas Zmuck >To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxx >Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2002 11:29  AM >Subject: [amibroker] question to Add to    composite > > >Hello, > >I have started to usethe Add to composite    function and have now >3 questions. I am sure, that this was discussed anywhere    before, >so sorry sorry  that i ask this now again. > >For my first example i have created a simple    counter, which >should show me the number of tickers in my    database. >Here is the formula: > >AddToComposite( 1, "~Ticker_Counter", "I", 1 +    4); >Buy = 0; >Graph0 = Foreign("~Ticker_Counter", "I" ); > > >1) Why works the scanonly, when i select all    tickers?  When i >select any watchlist,it doesn't work. Is this normal    ? > > >2) Why is the graph different when i change the    ticker (see >snapshots) > > >3) The formula countssimple the number of    tickers in my database >and i have updated all tickers for one    year. >Why are there so large spikes, especially when i    select my >created ticker   "~Ticker_Counter" >There the spikes are sometimes going down to    9     ??? > >Thanks for your help > >Thomas Zmuck > > >Your    use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of >Service. > > >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor > >ADVERTISEMENT >[AD] >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service. >