Re: [amibroker] AmiBroker 4.07.2 beta released

Tomasz,

In the formula i have posted a few minutes ago there is also the
gauss2ord moving includet.
The crash appears also by me when i delete this lines.

Thomas

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 18:39:32 +0200, Thomas Z. wrote:
>Hello Tomasz,
>
>Should this update fixe the crash or is it only for other bugs, etc.
>If it is for the crash, i receive the crash again.
>
>But now i can reproduce it again and again.
>It appears only on the attached formula when i zoom in and out or
>also when i have selected any other ticker with only 5 years history
>and go than to the ^dji for which i have history back to 1929.
>
>Thomas
>

>On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 15:34:58 +0200, Tomasz Janeczko wrote:
>>Hello,
>>
>>A new beta version of AmiBroker has just been released.
>>
>>You can download it from the following locations:
>>http://www.amibroker.com/bin/ab4072beta.exe
>>http://www.amibroker.net/bin/ab4072beta.exe
>>ftp://ftp.amibroker.com/pub/ab4072beta.exe
>>ftp://ftp.amibroker.net/pub/ab4072beta.exe
>>
>>(390KB self-extracting archive)
>>
>>Please read the following read-me document for the list of new
>>features and changes.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Tomasz Janeczko
>>amibroker.com
>>
>>AmiBroker 4.07.2 Beta
>>
>>July 26, 2002 15:22
>>
>>THIS IS A BETA VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE. EXPECT BUGS.
>>
>>Backup your data files and entire AmiBroker folder first!
>>
>>INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
>>
>>IMPORTANT: This archive is update-only. You have to install full
>>version 4.00 first.
>>
>>Just run the installer and follow the instructions.
>>
>>Then run AmiBroker. You should see "AmiBroker 4.07 beta" written in
>>the About box.
>>
>>IMPORTANT NOTE for users who modifed built-in indicators or
>>interpretations: please backup broker.bcharts file BEFORE
installing
>>this update and restore this file in order to save your
>>modifications from being overwritten by the file that comes with
>>this package.
>>
>>COMMENTS and USAGE HINTS:
>>

>>Charting engine improvements
>>
>>Now built-in charts are drawn using even more optimized routines
>>that results in significant speed up of chart drawing when you
>>display charts for symbols with more than 30000 quotes. Also
>>QuickAFL is enabled again (and hopefully bug-free) that gives
>>similar speed up for custom indicators. In addition to that
>>selection bar updates caption in all chart panes (displaying
current
>>values of all indicators). You can move selection-bar with <- and
-
>>>cursor arrows on keyboard as before but now when you reach left
>>>most or right most bar - the chart starts to scroll
automatically.
> [...]
>>displayed (not the LAST available)
>>- if selection-bar visible then selected bar data are displayed
>>

>>Drawing date/time axis works also better now.
>>
>>New constants and bitwise operators
>>
>>AmiBroker now includes many pre-defined constants that can make
your
>>AFL code easier to read. For example you can use the following
>>statements using constants instead of just numbers:
>>
>>Plot( MACD()-Signal(), "Histogram", colorRed, styleThick |
>>styleHistogram );
>>
>>ApplyStop( stopTypeTrailing, stopModePercent, 10, True );
>>

>>Using for example colorRed constant will give red color always
>>(regardless of what palette settings are). Also note that now you
>>can combine chart styles with a bitwise-or operator |. Although
you
>>can also combine styles with just + (addition) it is better to use
>>| operator because when you combine the same style twice by
mistake
>>(styleHistogram | styleHistogram) it still works correctly showing
>>histogram chart ( 2 | 2 = 2 ). Using + in that case will give 2 +
2
>>= 4 and this is the code for thick style. Complete list of
constants
>>is included later in this document.
>>
>>In addition to bitwise-or operator | AmiBroker has now also
bitwise-
>>and operator: &. These operators work on binary representation of
>>numbers. Note that floating point number are converted (truncated)
>>to integers before applying bitwise operators. Each bit is and-ed
>>or or-ed accordingly. For example 9 is represented by 1001 binary
>>code and 5 is represented by 0101. Bitwise-or is 1101 (13 in
>>decimal) and bitwise-and is 0001 (1 in decimal). Here come a few
>>samples showing how it works:
>>
>>255 & 64 gives 64
>>255 | 64 gives 255
>>1 | 2 | 4 | 8 gives 15
>>15 | 7 gives 15
>>

>>New P&F-like graph style
>>
>>AmiBroker now features new graph style - 8192 (stylePointAndFigure)
>>that enables to write formulas that "emulate" point and figure
>>charts. A sample code is included later in this document. Now just
>>a few comments. New style uses all open, high, low and close
>>arrays. (OHL indirectly). High array should be set to bar's
highest
>>point, Low array should be set to bar's lowest point. The Close-
>>Open distance defines box size. If Close > Open then X symbols are
>>drawn, otherwise O symbols are drawn. Both Close and Open arrays
>>should be inside H-L range but only the difference between Open
and
>>Close really matters for drawing P&F bars. Please note also that
>>for proper looking P&F charts the H-L distance should be divisible
>>by box size (C-O distance) without remainder.
>>
>>AFL new functions and improvements
>>
>>Status() function features new fields:
>>"rangefromdate", "rangetodate" - return current auto-analysis
From-
>>To range as DateNums
>>"rangefromtime", "rangetotime" - return current auto-analysis
From-
>>To range as DateNums
>>"barinrange" - returns 1 when current bar is within current auto-
>>analysis From-To range
>>"barvisible" - (custom indicators only) returns 1 when current bar
>>is visible in current view
>>note: this should be used only if you really have to, indicator
>>should be written without need to know how it is displayed
>>

>>For example the system that buys today and sells tommorrow can now
>>be universally coded as follows:
>>
>>buy = Status("barinrange");
>>sell = Ref( buy, -1 );
>>
>>(previously one needed to modify such formula depending on range
>>settings)
>>
>>LastValue( array, forcelastbar = 0 ) function has one additional
>>(optional) parameter: forcelastbar - changes the behaviour of
>>LastValue when used in Commentary or Interpretation windows. By
>>default it uses selected value, but if you use LastValue( array,
>>True ) then it always use last bar instead of selected one. A new
>>function called SelectedValue( array ) gives selected bar value in
>>Commentary, Interpretation and custom Indicators.
>>
>>A new RMI( periods = 20, momentum = 5 ) function implements
Altman's
>>Relative Momentum Index (S&C Feb 1993)
>>
>>A new Interval() function returns bar interval in seconds
>>tick bars = 0
>>5 sec bars = 5
>>1 min bars = 60
>>hourly bars = 3600
>>daily bars = 86400
>>weekly bars = 430000 (43e4)
>>monthly bars = 2160000 (216e4)
>>

>>Alerts enhanced
>>
>>Now "E-mail" page in Tools->Preferences has been renamed to
"Alerts"
>>and allows to define e-mail account settings, test sound output
and
>>define which parts of AmiBroker can generate alerts via AlertIF
>>function.
>>
>>E-mail setting page now allows to choose among most popular
>>authorization schemes like: AUTH LOGIN (most popular),
POP3-before-
> [...]
>>the text to the output window (commentary/interpretation) it
allows
>>to:
>>direct the customized text to "alert output" window,
>>make a sound (just by computer beeper or from .WAV file)
>>send an e-mail
>>launch any external application
>>
>>The syntax is as follows:
>>
>>AlertIf( BOOLEAN_EXPRESSION, command, text, type = 0, flags =
>>1+2+4+8, lookback = 1 );
>>
>>1. BOOLEAN_EXPRESSION is the expression that if evaluates to True
>>(non zero value) triggers the alert. If it evaluates to False
(zero
>>value) no alert is triggered. Please note that only lookback most
>>recent bars are considered.
>>
>>2. The command string defines the action taken when alert is
>>triggered. If it is empty the alert text is simply displayed in the
>>Alert output window (View->Alert Output). Other supported values
of
>>command string are:
>>
>>SOUND the-path-to-the-WAV-file
>>EMAIL
>>EXEC the-path-to-the-file-or-URL <optional args>
>>
>>SOUND command plays the WAV file once.
>>
>>EMAIL command sends the e-mail to the account defined in the
>>settings (Tools->Preferences->E-mail). The format of the e-mail is
>>as follows:
>>
>>Subject: Alert type_name (type) Ticker on Date/Time
>>Body: text
>>
>>EXEC command launches external application or file or URL specified
>>after EXEC command. <optional args> are attached after file name
>>and text is attached at the end
>>
>>3. Text defines the text that will be printed in the output window
>>or sent via e-mail or added as argument to the application
>>specified by EXEC command
>>
>>4. Type defines type of the alert. Pre-defined types are 0 -
>>default, 1 - buy, 2 - sell, 3 - short, 4- cover. YOu may specify
>>higher values and they will get name "other"
>>
>>5. Flags control behaviour of AlertIF function. This field is a
>>combination (sum) of the following values:
>>( 1 - display text in the output window, 2 - make a beep (via
>>computer speaker), 4 - don't display repeated alerts having the
>>same type, 8 - don't display repeated alerts having the same
>>date/time) By default all these options are turned ON.
>>
>>6. lookback parameter controls how many recent bars are checked
>>
>>Examples:
>>
>>Buy = Cross( MACD(), Signal() );
>>Sell = Cross( Signal(), MACD() );
>>Short = Sell;
>>Cover = Buy;
>>
>>AlertIF( Buy, "EMAIL", "A sample alert on "+FullName(), 1 );
>>
>>AlertIF( Sell, "SOUND C:\\Windows\\Media\\Ding.wav", "Audio alert",
>>2 );
>>
>>AlertIF( Short, "EXEC Calc.exe", "Launching external application",
3
>>);
>>
>>AlertIF( Cover, "", "Simple text alert", 4 );
>>
>>Note EXEC command uses ShellExecute function and allows not only
EXE
>>files but URLs too.
>>
>>Interpretation window
>>
>>Interpretation window (View->Interpretation) shows chart-sensitive
>>commentaries. To add a interpretation just use Indicator builder
and
>>add commentary code after the code for the indicator. Please note
>>that to get the best performance you should use the following
>>optimization hint: after your indicator code and before commentary
>>code you should add the following line://--Indicator-End--
>>
>>( two slashes (comment start), two dashes, Indicator-End and two
>>dashes ). When the parser is evaluating the formula in the
>>"indicator" mode it stops there, so commentary code is not
executed
>>and it saves time. When parser is in other modes - entire formula
>>is parsed/executed.
>>
>>Example:Plot( Close, "Price", -1, 64 );
>>Plot( SAR( Prefs( 50 ), Prefs( 51 ) ), "SAR",-17, 8+16 );
>>//--Indicator-End--
>>"The Parabolic SAR provides excellent exit points. "; "You should
>>Close long positions when the price falls below the SAR AND Close
>>Short positions when the price rises above the SAR."; WriteIF(
>>graph1 > Close, "SAR is above close", "SAR is below close" );
>>
>>Data tips
>>
>>Data tips now show the values of indicators. Just hover your mouse
>>over the chart wait a while and data tip will show indicator
values
>>at point beneath the mouse.
>>
>>QuickAFL
>>
>>The QuickAFL technology can give 10x or more speed up when plotting
>>custom indicators for symbols with more than 1000 bars of data.
The
> [...]
>>colorGrey50 = 39
>>
>>colorPink = 40
>>colorGold = 41
>>colorYellow = 42
>>colorBrightGreen = 43
>>colorTurquoise = 44
>>colorSkyblue = 45
>>colorPlum = 46
>>colorLightGrey = 47
>>
>>colorRose = 48
>>colorTan = 49
>>colorLightYellow = 50
>>colorPaleGreen = 51
>>colorPaleTurquoise = 52
>>colorPaleBlue = 53
>>colorLavender = 54
>>colorWhite = 55
>>
>>styleLine = 1
>>styleHistogram = 2
>>styleThick = 4
>>styleDots = 8
>>styleNoLine = 16
>>styleLog = 32
>>styleCandle = 64
>>styleBar = 128
>>styleNoDraw = 256
>>styleStaircase = 512
>>styleSwingDots = 1024
>>styleNoRescale = 2048
>>styleNoLabel = 4096
>>stylePointAndFigure = 8192
>>
>>CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.07.2 (as compared to 4.07.1)
>>fixed bug causing crash when using formula with Equity() function
>>and QuickAFL enabled
>>fixed bug causing crash when using variable-period HHV,LLV
functions
>>and QuickAFL enabled
>>fixed invisible short/cover arrows problem (arrows are shifted into
>>visible area now if there is not enough space)
>>overlaid indicators re-evaluate number of bars required to
calculate
>>formula so for example longer averages added to main chart via
>>custom AFL formula are plotted correctly for all bars
>>new Status() fields "range...." now work also in Scan and
>>Exploration modes
>>text columns in Explorations are sorted correctly by click on the
>>header
>>

>>CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.07.1 (as compared to 4.07.0)
>>Equity plot does not generate alerts anymore
>>SOUND command works now (previously only PLAY was working).
>>Additionally an error message is displayed in the status bar
when
>>something goes wrong with playing the audio alert. Please note
>>that you should use \\ (double slashes) in the paths in AlertIF
>>function
>>small bug fix in displaying Data tooltips and QuickAFL enabled
>>

>>CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.07.0 (as compared to 4.06.1)
>>help window is detached from application window
>>arrows generated by commentary window are refreshed properly when
>>new rt bars arrive (arrows are shown for active symbol only)
>>e-mail alerts: support for servers requiring SMTP authentication.
>>Supported methods:
>>AUTH LOGIN (most popular), POP3-before-SMPT (popular), CRAM-MD5,
>>LOGIN PLAIN
>>sound alerts: ability to test sound output
in Tools->Preferences-
> [...]
>>should be
>>written without need to know how it is displayed
>>
>>+ LastValue has new optional parameter
>>LastValue( array, forcelastbar = 0 );
>>forcelastbar - changes the behaviour of LastValue when used in
>>Commentary
>>or Interpretation windows. By default it uses selected value,
but
>>if you
>>use LastValue( array, True ) then it always use last bar instead
>>of selected one.
>>
>>+ SelectedValue( array )
>>

>>selection bar updates caption in all chart panes (displaying
current
>>values of all indicators). you can move selection-bar with <- and
->
>>cursor arrows on keyboard as before but now when you reach left
most
>>or right most bar- the chart starts to scroll automatically
>>quote selection and caption display works different now: if
>>selection-bar is NOT visible
>>then the last VISIBLE bar data are displayed (not the LAST
>>available), if selection-bar visible then selected bar data are
>>displayed
>>new graph style = 8192
>>- plots point-and-figure-style O and X symbols instead of
>>candlesticks
>>High and Low table are used to determine the height of bar,
>>Close-Open distance determines box size. If Close > Open - X's
>>are drawn
>>if Close < Open - O's are drawn.
>>added bitwise-and '&' and bitwise-or '|' operators to AFL language
>>(note that floating point number are converted (truncated) to
>>integers before applying bitwise operators)
>>new pre-defined constants for more descriptive code
>>

>>CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.06.1 (as compared to 4.06.0)
>>fixed tab order in Analysis window (Range radio buttons) (appeared
>>in 4.06beta)
>>fixed problem with using AFL.Var with uppercase letters (appeared
in
>>4.06beta)
>>fixed problem with using gSite.SetVariable / gSite.GetVariable with
>>uppercase letters (appeared in 4.06beta)
>>fixed problem with exploration (appeared in 4.06beta)
>>fixed small display issue in the data tooltips (-1e10 displayed
>>instead of {EMPTY})
>>disabled QuickAFL until all issues are resolved
>>

>>CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.06.0 (as compared to 4.02.1)
>>New Interpretation window (View->Interpretation) displays chart-
>>sensitive commentaries
>>new AlertIF function allows to generate visual, sound, e-mail
>>alerts. It also allows to launch any external program on signal
>>generated by AFL formula.
>>Automatic Analysis window now allows periodical scans (Scan every n
>>minutes)
>>new Check feature in Automatic Analysis window allowing you to find
>>out if your formula references future quotes or not.
>>Data tips show indicator values now and can show also
(Tools->Preferences->Miscellaneous
>>-> Enable QuickAFL for indicators) - provides >10x speed-up in
>>custom indicator charting with long histories (>1000 bars)
>>ability to modify / overlay additional graphs over built-in charts
>>(Indicator Builder->Built-in tab)
>>ability to create your own interpretation commentaries in Indicator
>>Builder
>>new AFL functions:
>>AlertIf( BOOLEAN_EXPRESSION, command, text, type = 0, flags =
>>1+2+4+8, lookback = 1 );
>>SetBarsRequired( backward, forward= -1) - overwrites heuristic
>>guessing algotithm used by QuickAFL technology. Allows to
>>specify the number of previous (backward), and future
(forward)
> [...]
>>when working with >100000 bars.
>>
>>CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.02.1 (as compared to 4.02.0)
>>added automatic ruin stop that closes all trades loosing more than
>>99.96%
>>
>>CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.02.0 (as compared to 4.01.0)
>>added ability to filter after-hours trading (File->Database
>>Settings->Intraday settings : Filter after-hours box plus definable
>>session start/end (per-workspace settings)
>>added ability to shift time displayed on charts/dialogs File-
>>>Database Settings->Intraday settings : Time Shift (AmiBroker
>>>uses computer local time, so it displays realtime quotes using
>>>the time of the timezone you are in. For example if you live in
>>>Warsaw - NYSE-quotes stocks will start 15:30 local (Warsaw)
>>>time. If you want however to display time as it is in New York
>(-
>>>6 hours -> 9:30) you have to set Time Shift to -6.
>>fixed problem with importing very long intraday histories > 300000
>>bars (if you want to import that long histories you have to go
>>File->Database Settings and change "Default number of bars" to
at
>>least 3000)
>>fixed a bug in intraday -> daily time compression
>>fixed "no trade list" display of Exposure and RAR
>>when writing the formula to HTML report < and > characters are
>>encoded to &lt; and &gt; to ensure that formula is not truncated.
>>"Apply" button in Indicator Builder inserts/modifies the custom
>>indicator only if the formula is correct. This avoids
>>continuously displayed error messages when working with real
time
>>streaming data.
>>fixed bug in list view sorting of numeric columns containing small
>>values
>>fixed crash occuring when Equity() function was called from
>>Commentary window
>>fixed display of huge numbers in the chart grid
>>added option to color up/down (traditional) bars : Preferences ->
>>Main chart
>>other minor fixes
>>

>>CHANGES FOR VERSION 4.01.0 (as compared to 4.00.0)
>>Customisable N-tick charts in Real Time version (see Preferences
>-
>>>Intraday tab) and new View->Intraday menu
>>Ability to backtest custom N-tick bars
>>Backtester now makes better decisions on desired order of execution
>>of signals that occur the same day. (if both buy and sell (or
>>short and cover) signals occur on the very same bar and there is
>>already open trade from the any of the previous bars this open
>>trade is closed first, and a new trade is opened next. Otherwise
>>the usual order (buy first then sell) is used.
>>
>>HOW TO REPORT BUGS
>>
>>If you experience any problem with this beta version please send
>>detailed description of the problem (especially the steps needed
>>reproduce it) to bugs@xxxx
>>

>>Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

>>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.