RE: [amibroker] Re:Money management

It looks like this thread is touching on equity feedback, a favorite topic
of mine. The idea is to process the equity curve exactly like you would a
price chart, i.e. develop a trading system for it. The trading system would
basically be a trend following systems, oscillator systems do not work on
equities. Some of DT's systems, which have longer periods, may still work on
it. Equity doesn't have OHLC but you can recreate those easily so that you
can use the full spectrum of indicators on the equity.

I attach a simple example chart of what Equity feedback "could do" for you.
Blue is the final equity curve, Black and Red is the stock price, Green is
my feedback indicator. This is a very simple test, not a finished product -
it is intended only to show the equity feedback potential. There are
problems to solve!

AmiBroker allows you to use the equity() as often as you like in your
trading system and will calculate the equity based on the last values of the
buy/sell signals. This means you can easily cascade TWO trading systems:
your Primary system to trade your stock normally and produce the primary
equity curve (you do NOT trade on this system), a Secondary system that is
designed to trade the equity. The Secondary system would reverse Primary
trading signals (now your actual signals) and turn DrawDowns into profit
opportunities.

When using equity feedback "high system performance" and "high robustness"
can actually be a handicap, and de-tuning your system can actually improve
returns. It's a new way of thinking. What you would want is a system the is
extremely sharply tuned to the stock's rhythm, so much so that performance
drops sharply when the stock looses character. The more and the bigger the
up and down waves (DrawDowns) in your equity the better the returns. Anyway,
I could ramble on...this is a big topic.

Take care,
Herman.