Re: [amibroker] RE: Trade Arrows

Ken,

As new RT data arrive - old arrows are not longer valid.
Why? Just imagine that the 1 minute bar was added just recently
(10 seconds ago) and it caused that (for example)
Cross( C, EMA( C, 10 ) ) has generated a "Buy signal".
Now new data arrive and this signal is invalidated because
price is not above moving average anymore.
So the arrow is not valid anymore.

Second example: a new data bar is added but the arrows
remain in place - again wrong.

Why 3 seconds - simply because charts are refreshed automatically
every 3 seconds if you are running RT feed. During that time display
of arrows and chart is fully synchronized and valid.

Now - is it elegant?
You may say it is not and I can agree, but the problem mentioned
above needed to be fixed.
An alternative is to re-evaluate your formula with each refresh
(in fact this is how Commentary window works right now).
The problem is that re-evaluation of every formula causes additional load to the CPU, and
I have to consider such changes very carefully because
it may affect the RT performance of the whole system.

This is somewhat tricky subject and maybe I will come up with a
better solution soon. Anyway - right now you can use Commentary window
to get arrows constantly updated.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com