RE: [amibroker] Preparing the StoRsi for QQQ Formula For Trading as a System

Thanks
Steve!
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
guess I should have said explicitly " Preparing the StoRsi for QQQ Formula For
Trading as a System on QQQ only.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
understand that this is NOT for any other vehicle.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Additionally, I'm saying that I'm NOT jumping off the deep end andgoing
to start trading this afternoon (or any day soon). I'm trying to take the
discussion to the next level: Given a formula that looks good. What do you do
after that? What can you do to further analyze it?  What information does
Amibroker provide that should jump out at you other than the smooth equity
curve?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
For
instance, I notice that there are some pretty hefty losses on a couple of the
trades. I see on the back test report that the short dated 10/1/2001 lost
19.4%. I then look on the report in the Performance section and
see the stats for Max. Trade % drawdown of -32.79.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
How
about things like Exposure, profit factor, Ratio avg win/avg loss.  Is
there a conventional wisdom as to what brackets these should be within? Are
there other stats that should be within some parameters that idicate
"soundness".  (Now, I know that word "soundness" has different meanings for
different people and their styles.)
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
I'm
trying to have a discussion along academic lines but use a real example in the
discussion. I know it will help me and I can't help but think it will help
others.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>dingo

-----Original Message-----From: Steve
Karnish [mailto:kernish@xxxx] Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002
1:30 PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re:
[amibroker] Preparing the StoRsi for QQQ Formula For Trading as a
System

Whoa Dingo,

Please remember, as pointed out to DT, that this
StoRSI is a tool to trade the QQQ's.  So many people are attracted to
this vehicle (QQQ) that I thought it would be appropriate to share my
research.  I am not suggesting that anyone use the StoRSI on equity
issues.  I am suggesting that people look at the CMO5 (with the SMA
filter).  As an example, I've attached ABDE.

This stock swung from 27 to 85 during 2000...with
volatile swings during that period.  From November to mid March ('01) it
gave it all back in a stunning downdraft.  During the last 16 monthsit
has chopped sideways.  I think this represents the possiblities fairly
well.  What I end up with is a stock that has traded the CMO5 with a
"53/-53" trigger (and a 21 day SMA qualifier/filter).  This scenario
returns a win/loss of 21-5 and 114 points of profit (no commiss, slippage,
etc.).

The important things are:  I do endorse the
CMO5 optimized at symmetrical triggers.  I believe one should "filter"
trades to "go with the flow" (13 period sma...21 period, you pick 'em).

Take care,

Steve Karnish, CTACedar Creek Trading<A
href="">www.cedarcreektrading.com1-877-668-1125
<BLOCKQUOTE