Preparing the StoRsi for QQQ Formula For Trading as a System

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Preparing the StoRsi for QQQ Formula For Trading as a System
  • From: "dingo" <dingo@xxxx>
  • Date: 23 Jul 2002 16:18:53 -0000
  • Title: Message

Thanks toSteve
Karnish we've had a lot of discussion about developing a formula (see below)
that might be appropriate for actual use. I say "might" because (no slight to
Steve here) I'm not certain that I know how to determine that this formula would
make a good basis for a system.  That's where I think we should aim our
next discussion..
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
So, let me ask the
people who've actually used formula in systems and traded with
them:
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
Is the formula below
a good basis for a system? Please explain why and how you came to your
conclusions!
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
What would YOU do to
improve it or is it just not ready for prime time?
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
I really think that
this would help a lot of us that are new to the "game" understand more about the
development process and prevent some of us from just jumping off the deep end
and potentially loosing a lot of money.
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
BTW - I've been
thinking about taking some of the discussion about Steve's formula and putting
it into a document as and example of how one might go about doing this. Sort of
an extended tutorial. Any comments on that?
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
Thanks inadvance
for all of your help!
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>dingo
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
Here's the
formula:
<SPAN
class=254340716-23072002>
<FONT color=#008000
size=1>
/*StochRSI on the QQQ's with MA
Courtesy: Steve Karnish
Optimized for 3/24/2000 - 7/22/2002

Settings: Buy/Sell/Short/Cover = Next Day
Open
Long and Short
Commissions = 0
Stops and Targets = disabled