Re: QQQ/StoRSI

Steve,
to point out a different perspective, the StochRSI [8, 17, 83] system
is profitable for the 40% of the N100 stocks.
A simple [for sure not ideal] TTM system like the
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker/message/21404
is profitable for the 80% of the stocks, with one universal
parameters pair [11,64] for any stock you trade.
After that, it is a matter of taste.
Day by day I am closer to TTM mentality and, frankly speaking, not
because I designed it.
As for the Costello period, Elvis was fine but I preferred Ian.
It was, again, a matter of taste...
Dimitris
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxx> wrote:
> Yuki,
>
> As usual, you are very perceptive and wise. I was waiting for
someone to
> comment on the last six months of buy signals. Unfortunately, the
first
> comment I received was someone noticing that the trading system
did "a
> really good job picking the tops (sell signals), but not so good
with the
> buy signals...can you tell me why that might be"? Sometimes you
just have
> to smile. As Elvis sings (Costello, not the King): "I used to be
> disgusted, now I just amused..."
>
> Since you have hit the mark with your comments, here's a little
filter for
> improving the QQQ approach. Only take trades in the direction of
today's 21
> day SMA. If you trigger a "buy signal" (indicator closes below the
StoRSI
> level of 17), then today's SMA must be larger than yesterdays.
Exit rules
> are the same (sell the following day the StoRSI closes above 83),
except
> when the SMA has turned negative and then you simply reverse the
position.

> Attached is the same StoRSI QQQ chart but with the 21 day
SMA "filter. It's
> profited on 9 of the last 10 trades and has 17 winners in the last
20
> trades.
>
> Take care,
>
> Steve Karnish, CTA