Re: [amibroker] QQQ/StoRSI

Owen,

"I can see only three ways to figure out how changing market
conditions will affect your system: extensive testing that covers long
periods
of data; decades of actual trading, using a variety of methods in many
different market conditions, or taking an ugly bath in red ink."

I plead quilty to all of the above. Market conditions are very, very
overrated. If you system can't slug through every conceivable market...pack
it up and buy a variable annuity. The QQQ post, with the StoRSI triggers,
is a "platform" to build on. For someone to suggest that the NDX or the XYZ
is a substitute for this unique entity (QQQ) is totally riduculous. Nothing
substitutes anything. Keying off one issue to improve performance in other
issues is trading folly.

Don't get me wrong. I can make back tested numbers bark as loud as anyone
on this forum. If you want me to create systems that have perfect track
records....give me a few hours and I will dazzle you silly. But silly, is
the key word. It has nothing to do with reality and seriousness.

I would urge anyone to test the StoRSI on the QQQ and pick a SMA to filter
trades (as discussed in the earlier email to Yuki). Who gives a rip if the
market is going to zero? I just want to enter trades on the side of the
market movement. Go long in uptrends, go short in downtrends...triggered by
a robust, symmetrically triggered, momentum oscillator.

Take care,

Steve Karnish, CTA
Cedar Creek Trading
www.cedarcreektrading.com