Re: Magic OUT3 [and the STOCHRSI]

Vin,
Y is an array.
Y has a value everyday, it is a time function.
Y<=2 means for the certain day that less than 3 stocks of N100 closed
out of Keltner Channel [below the support Keltner line, to be more
specific] for a 3rd consecutive day.
The condition is for the whole N100 market, not for the traded stock.
You will see better the properties of Y if you plot in ind. builder
the
Y=Foreign(("~OUT3","V")
plot(Y,"",1,2);
Y has positive integer values, 0, 1, 2 etc.
When we ask Y<=5, we need 5 stocks among the 100, no matter which
stocks.
DT
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "vinst1" <vinst1@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> As a non-Amibroker user, could I ask for some help from this never-
> tiring group!
> I have tried to use the magic OUT3 condition and it improved my
> results, but I am not sure whether I have interpreted it correctly.
> What I have used for OUT3 is that for a buy to be generated, in
> addition to stochRSI being below a level(for application to
> stochRSI) , the stock close is also below the Kdn and Ref(OUT2,-1)
is
> true. Is this the correct interpretation?
> Also, I could not understand what exactly Y=Foreign(("~OUT3","V")
> meant. Is it the universe of stocks satisfyting OUT3?
> And what could be the meaning for Y==0 (or Y==1 for that matter)?
>
> If someone could please clarify these in non-AFL terms, I would be
> obliged.
> Thanks
> Vin
> --- In amibroker@xxxx, "Herman van den Bergen" <psytek@xxxx> wrote:
> > Thank you Dimitris, for your interesting OUT3 approach!
> >
> > The OUT3 is a great idea to try as an add-on to some other
systems
> i have
> > that suffer from "weak" signals that result in bad trades. So
much
> to do, so
> > much fun, when do i have time to sleep?
> >
> > Take care,
> > as always: your posts are very stimulating :-)
> > Herman.

StochRSI