Re: tj's pyramid

if you want to pyramid , I suppose you want ( it is an example)
july1= buy1 with positionsize1 at entryprice1
july15=buy2 with positionsize2 at entryprice2

with ( simple case ) positionsize1=positionsize2;

july30=sell ( all the position size)

what does the backtester: It takes the first entry( july1) and sell
on july30
for buy1 the gain will be (Exitprice/entryprice1 - 1)*positionsize
for buy2 the gain will be (Exitprice/entryprice2 - 1)*positionsize

if we want to simulate adding position, we must compute the
newpositionsize at buy1 with this equation
Xp=exitprice;
Ep1=entryprice at buy1;
Ep2=entryprice at buy2;
P=positionsize( assume it is fixed)
N=new computed positionsize

(Xp/Ep1)*P + (Xp/Ep2)*P = ( Xp/Ep1)*N ;

N = P * ( Xp/Ep1 + Xp/Ep2 ) * (Ep1/Xp);
N = P * (Ep1/Ep2) ;

> I read you post a few times, but I am not sure I understand the
> problem.
>
> Let's say I pyramid once only, with double the position size, I
> assumed that the first buy is set with postionsize, then
liquidated