Re: [amibroker] Using RT and AmiQuote

  • To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Using RT and AmiQuote
  • From: John Nelson <trader@xxxx>
  • Date: 18 Jul 2002 00:02:20 -0000

Which brings us to the issue of real-time quotes. I was rolling along
fine with AMIQuote and www.quote.com delayed quotes until I discovered
how easy it was to max out my daily allotment of quotes. Not a good
solution, and I'm not ready to sign up for eSignal... not yet anyway.
Maybe I can use that script someone posted a while back which extracts
quotes from QuoteTracker.

Or wait for a QuoteTracker plugin (although Tomasz said that wouldn't be
soon in coming).

Or (shudder) actually pay money for real-time daily quotes. :-(

Seems that there's no free lunch in science or in trading.

-- John

Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

Dennis,

You can not do this for the following reason:

For RT Quote window you need a real-time streaming data source plugin (like eSignal plugin) AmiQuote is a stand alone application that provides snapshot, 20 min delayed data fed by regular ASCII importer.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

--