Re: Point & Figure Chart in AFL

Richard,
ANY other function works just fine with my valuable Amibroker 4.06.
Just fine.
I can not see the reason for this P&F script.
Anyway, the author perhaps could expain.
Dimitris Tsokakis

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Richard Alford" <richard.alford@xxxx> wrote:
> DT, I agree it was not easy to understand. The attached charts
showed the TWO results that were generated whenever I entered the
symbol MSFT - it appears to be a fluke and I cannot reproduce it any
longer. Although there is not ticker name in the formula, there was
strange behavior occurring for MSFT and MSFT only at that time.

> The gist of my reply to you was that using the SAME code as you
posted and using the code I copied from the files sections, I
generated the same results - and not the results that you were
creating. That suggests that you have a problem in your data and/or
setup. The only reason for the two codes was to guarantee that there
wasn't a subtle error - there was not.

> Sorry for adding the confusion about the MSFT fluke at the same
time.

> Cheers,
>
> Richard

the "files
> section". (Why wasn't this put in the AFL library is a question
in
> my mind???)
> >
> > Just noticed that the plot for MSFT changes when one changes
the
> symbol go MSFT from MSFT??? Not the case for AMZN or ORCL?
> >
> > I attached the two MSFT for comparison, one is "my" copy, and
the
> other is a copy and paste of the code in your note. The
difference
> is the quirk in MSFT, not an error in the code you have used. And
DT
> do you really like black on blue borders? Personally, I can
never
> read your chart titles.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Richard

calculating
> the Box size.
> >
> > tot = new Array();
> > tot[0] = (High[0] + Low[0])/2;
> > for( i=1; i < High.length; i++ )
> > {
> > tot[i] = tot[i-1] + ((High[i] + Low[i])/2);
> > }
> > PFO = new Array();
> > PFC = new Array();
> >
> > // initialize first element
> >
> > j = 0;
> > PFO[j] = High[0];
> > PFC[j] = Low[0];
> > down = 1; // By default the first bar is a down bar.
> >
> > up = 0;
> > swap = 0;
> >
> > // perform the loop that produces PF Chart
> >
> > for( i = 1; i < High.length; i++ )
> > {
> > // Calculate PF Chart Box size and minimum Reverse values
> >
> > Box = ((tot[i]/(i+1))^.5)/7.3374;
> > Reverse = Box * 3;
> > if( Low[i] < PFC[j] - Box && down)
> > {
> > PFC[j] = Low[i];
> > }
> > else
> > {
> > if( High[i] >= PFC[j] + Reverse && down)
> > {
> > j++;
> > swap = 1;
> > PFO[j] = Low[i];
> > PFC[j] = High[i];
> > }
> > }
> > if( High[i] > PFC[j] + Box && up)
> > {
> > PFC[j] = High[i];
> > }
> > else
> > {
> > if( Low[i] <= PFC[j] - Reverse && up)
> > {
> > j++;
> > PFC[j] = Low[i];
> > PFO[j] = High[i];
> > swap = 1;
> > }
> > }
> > if( swap )
> > {
> > swap = 0;
> > if( up )
> > {
> > up = 0;
> > down = 1;
> > }
> > else
> > {
> > up = 1;
> > down = 0;
> > }
> > }
> > }
> >
> > // Shift chart to the right to eliminate trailing empty data
> > // - PF charts are generally smaller/shorter then the full
> [...]
Service.