Re: Point & Figure Chart in AFL

Dimitris,

The number of bars you see depends on the stock. I have data from
January 1994 loaded for all stocks that I follow. Alcoa (NYSE:AA)
for example produces very few bars, Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN) produces
many. Since the P&F chart focuses on price change and is time
independant, many stocks with small price changes will have few
bars. Compare the charts produced by this script with those
available at some sites, like www.bigcharts.com. They will be a
little different because most use standard box sizes of .5 or 1 and
reversal amounts of 1.5 or 3. The number of course depend on the
price of the stock.

In the script I sumbitted, the Box and Reversal vaules change with
the running average of the stock price.

Let me know if this helps.

Mirat