Re: Peaks and troughs

>From experience, when I use
peak(ARRAY, change, n = 1) function to detect peaks, I use
per=3 for price
per=5 for Head&Shoulders pattern
per=1 for Relative Slope [usual values from -10 to 10]
per=0.1 for StochD [usually from 0 to 100]
The results are quite descriptive for me.
This combination was used for Hang Seng Index divergence system and
seems to be profitable for a long period [more than 5 years]
Follow some per for your favorite indicator for a 6-month daily watch
and you will see better if you miss something.
When you see previous periods, everything may look fine and
predictable, but it is not.
When you have to decide for tomorrow, the real question is much
harder . This is the way I calibrate per parameter for this very
valuable function.
Dimitris Tsokakis