Re: RWI - Random Walk Index

Richard,
I have a description in a book ( at the period when I have tried
technifilter)

if we use the average true range over 4 days to quantify what a
normal step size would be, then we would expect random movement to
be within 2 times the av true range, which is the square root of
four times the step size.
if the traveled distance is more than this number, then the price
has moved more than we would expect from random movement.
therefore the movement is probably not random.
it is how works RWI comparing actual price displacement to expected
displacement for random moves.

I can copy more if you want ( short term formula; long term formula)
stephane

> Ran across the AB functions RWI(min,max) etc. and I have been
unable to
> locate a mathematical description or motivation (or intelligible
code).

> Apparently, RWI was presented by Michael Poulos in the Jan 92,
TASC: Random