Re: [amibroker] Trends, random series

  • To: <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Trends, random series
  • From: "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxx>
  • Date: 20 Jun 2002 18:02:52 -0000

Little Steve,

Over the last six years, I have "invested"over
10,000 hours in research.  My "less random" issues continually surfaceas I
test different approaches.  My previous CMO5 posts allude to a dozen of
these opportunity.

Here's one for commodity traders:  Soybean
Meal

Try testing the CMO5 on soybean meal with
symmetrical triggers between 15-85.  Now try a CMO3 and a CMO8.  How
about spinning a StoRSI on the same commodity.  Something tells me that if
stock or commodity spits out profits at all trigger levels, with different
periods inserted into the formula and still produces profits using completely
different formulas...you might have an issue that has a fairly good historyof
repeating it's general pattern of movement.  The CMO5 works well on one
hour DJIA (CBOT) contracts, heating oil, crude, the Canadian Dollar, Gold, and
Bonds (to name a few).  A couple of stocks to look at for orderly supply
and demand are:
AET, BAC, BAX, CAH, FRE, KALC, KR, PCAR,
PEP.

This is a very superficial list...but, most traders
(with system testing software) spend the majority of their time trying to get
"something" to work on "everything".  I'd prefer to apply "anything" on
issues that have a history of producing results with "anything" that you throw
at them.

Give me issues that produce results with wide
ranges of "triggers" and a wide range of indicators.

Take care,

Stevie "No Wonder" Karnish, CTACedar Creek
Trading<A
href="">www.cedarcreektrading.com1-877-668-1125
<BLOCKQUOTE