Re: [amibroker] Re: Volume Spikes-Anthony

Hello,

1. Not everyday you get 50% spike.
2. The formula given here
> > Xv=V > 1.5*(MA(V,50));
> > Filter=Xv > 0;
> > AddColumn(xv,"");

in fact detects spikes higher than +50%. Why? Because MA includes today's bar (the one with the spike).
So a slightly better version is:

YesterdayMA = Ref( MA( V, 50 ), -1 );
Filter= V > 1.5 * YesterdayMA;
AddColumn(Volume,"Volume");