Re: Fw: The past and the future of the MeanRSI

Ken,
What are you waitng from an oscillator. To stay at 37 for the next 10
years ?
The oscillator oscillates and if it is down it will go up.
The interesting detail is about the turning time.
Frankly speaking I pay respect to 36 for the MeanRSI of ^NDX.
The narrow band [36,38] is anyway profitable.
The probable dead-cat-bounce will bring the MeanRSI below 36 and I
will be more than happy, because the next uptrend will be more
sustainable. As we move lower and lower, it is not so easy to keep on
shorting. This is the reason why you do not see values falling at 15
or 10 or 0. The fear of quick Cover is always essential in a bearish
market. It is not an easy sport as some people say. If you do not
close your short positions, you may easily loose the, so sweet, short
profits.
A more conservative strategy is to split shares. A part for 38,
another for 37 and the rest for 36. [below 36 there is nothing
important with the up to now experience].
This is a way to materialize optimization.
As i wrote yesterday, I am not totally convinced that ^NDX have a
robudst support at the present level. I need more data and I have to
be patient.
In the case the market moves quickly to the sky, I will loose the
oportunity to open the new long 36 positions, but, I will gain the
wine !!
It sounds good.
DT