Re: The past and the future of the MeanRSI

The graph of individual RSI and MeanRSI on the same pane is very
interesting. Moving from ticker to ticker, you may see stocks above
or below the MeanRSI for various periods.
I find more expressive the MeanRSI than the RSI of the index.
Delays are not important. During an uptrend, the majority goes up.
Stocks do not move independently [if this will happen, the MeanRSI
will be mostly flat, with small fluctuations around 50].
Looking at your interesting gif [although the synthesis of ^NDX was
not the same in 1999 or 2000] we can read some characteristics.
During 1999, the market was steady up and nobody was wondering why or
how. It was a certain fact. The result is a more narrow band for RSI.
After the decline of 2000, the main characteristic is uncertainity
[so many opinions for the Lowest Low and now, 2,5 years later, nobody
can speak for a safe change of the downtrend...].
But, this uncertainity and this volatility has a good side-effect :
The band of RSI [and consequently the MeanRSI] is more wide and this
fact gives VERY good trading opportunities.
This is my main question for the next 1 or 2 years: Shall this market
remain as uncertain as the last two years ?
A positive answer is rewarded with great profits behind the curtain.
RSI and MeanRSI is a measure of uncertainity for any market.
And we can make great profits from uncertainity, not only now but
whenever is the main sentiment in the market.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Ken Close" <closeks@xxxx> wrote:
> DT: In the attached chart, the red RSI is your MeanRSI while the
yellow is
> the RSI() of NDX. The MeanRSI seems to have the function
of "smoothing" the