Re: [amibroker] Re: opt this

Terry, have you heard the expression "Open mouth and insert
foot"?  Well, I just did it.  I thought I'd write you a short code and
solve all your problems but the problem is, it is not practicable.  The
lines of code you have use AFL functions which I haven't learned to handle from
VBscript yet (I understand that they can if one knows how).  The
alternative is to do 'for next loops' in AFL.  There is a work-around that
was in the e-mails but when I searched Yahoo, I got every e-mail that has been
written.  (apparently a lot of "for's" and "next's").  Also found
nothing on the subject at AmiBroker.  Perhaps some kind soul will takepity
on a couple of floundering mud-fish with advice on "for next loops"
and or function calls from VBscript.  If I recall correctly, the function
calls must come from or to an "object" but I haven't gotten to that yet.  I
was just thinking, there are some pretty bright people on this forum, how does
TJ stay ahead of all of them?  Will work on it as soon as I get a little
more time.

loul

<FONT
size=2>---------------------------------------------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE

Lou, I don't know anything about
VBscript. Thanks, Terry --- In <A
href="">amibroker@xxxx..., "Lou Howard" <<A
href="">loul@xxxx...> wrote:> Hi Terry -> Well,
I'm just starting out in this stuff but it seems that the 'lines of code'
in incremented by the 'input variable', i.e., 2,3,4, etc.  This
sounds like a loop that can be executed from VBscript using the variable
as both a counter and insertion into the formula.  Does this sound
right?