Re: [amibroker] To all AmiBroker users - Questions

<BLOCKQUOTE

----- Original Message -----
<DIV
>From:
Steve Wiser

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 8:11
PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] To all AmiBroker
users - Questions
See my comments below:  I only hope that I
have understood your questions and have addressed some answers.Steve
WiserAt 10:51 PM 4/22/2002 +0000, you wrote:
I have just found
advertisement for AmiBroker and I am trying to figure out if the program
will meet my needs. I must say for the price it appears impressive,but
I would like some imput from users.It appears that it is free download
for trial period, so I will do this and try to get a feel for what the
program can do.
5. Is the download of data
from Yahoo seamless and free from Yahoo?
Yahoo is free and seamless, but not without its problems.  Free
means high error rate.  You have to watch this carefully.  I use QP2
because of the fundamental data that is available a accessible from within Ami
to use as my own unique indicators.  You want EPS, if you have QP2 or
someother piece of information such as float, just call it directly from
within Ami.  Once Tomasz allowed my to use QP2 directly, I rarely use
Yahoo anymore.

Have to disagree. I have
found Yahoo to be quite error free.  It should be since the delayed
quotes are supplied by Reuters and the historical by CSI, which Futures rated
#2 and #1, respectively.
6. Can one download
historical data from yahoo for stocks so that backtesting can be
performed?
Yes, historical data from Yahoo is available.  I think I have
taken about 10 years off the site.  Remember this is the simple data,
H,L,C,O,V type stuff.

Yahoo has a new policy regarding
downloading a lot of data, so I am not sure what can be obtained at this
time.  But before this policy, I downloaded Dow data from
1929.