RE: [amibroker] whoops, here's the "picture"

Steve:thanks for
the picture. The osc works very nicely.
<SPAN
class=580583018-22042002>Ken
<FONT face=Tahoma
size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Steve Karnish
[mailto:kernish@xxxx]Sent: Monday, April 22, 2002 12:26
PMTo: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: Re: [amibroker]
whoops, here's the "picture"

CS & list,

I'm not up to speed on AB code...yet.  Here's
a TSF approach that can work well.  Attached is a chart of KLAC, showing
triggers on the Forecast Oscillator (same indicator).  The Forecast
Oscillator is a TSF set to 13 periods (in this example).  In this case,
whenever price moves more than 11% (in the opposite direction of your position)
from the projected linear regression, you reverse your position (all signals are
calculated EOD, and position are put on the following opening) .  Since
1/1/2000, this has produced results, in KLAC, of 28-9 with a return of $159(no
slippage or commissions).  Just thought I'd toss in an approach that, at
times, can extract a few pennies.

Take care,

Steve
<A