>From:
Avcinci

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, April 20, 2002 8:45
AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Tj: Buy delays
in settings

I actually posted a similar question yesterday, but Yahoo lost it. It'll
probably appear some time next week, so if it does, please ignore it.

I'd like to elaborate a little on Anthony's question. I've been toying
with a system lately in which I have incorporated several ref functions [buy =
my buy formula; buy=valuewhen(ref(buy,-1),open) is one of them, where Iwant
to refer to the buyprice on the day after the buy signal is given]. I have
other arrays I've defined that are dependent on the delayed buyprice, such as
my position size, a target price level, a trailing stop, etc. When I set the
delay in Settings to 1, I get one result. When I set it to 0, I get totally
different results. I've always been under the impression that the formulacode
in AA overrides whatever you set in Settings. However, this is obviously not
the case. So, my question is, how do you know what to set your delay to if you
are using a formula where there are already built-in delays? I need clear
guidance in this problem because lots of systems I've played with in the past
or will dabble with in the future will incorporate the ref function, and I
need to know the proper way of setting the delays in Settings so they don't
interfere with the formula. Thanks a lot.

Al V.
<BLOCKQUOTE