Re: [amibroker] Tj: Buy delays in settings

I actually posted a similar question yesterday, but Yahoo lost it. It'll
probably appear some time next week, so if it does, please ignore it.

I'd like to elaborate a little on Anthony's question. I've been toyingwith
a system lately in which I have incorporated several ref functions [buy =my buy
formula; buy=valuewhen(ref(buy,-1),open) is one of them, where I want to refer
to the buyprice on the day after the buy signal is given]. I have other arrays
I've defined that are dependent on the delayed buyprice, such as my position
size, a target price level, a trailing stop, etc. When I set the delay in
Settings to 1, I get one result. When I set it to 0, I get totally different
results. I've always been under the impression that the formula code in AA
overrides whatever you set in Settings. However, this is obviously not the case.
So, my question is, how do you know what to set your delay to if you are using a
formula where there are already built-in delays? I need clear guidance in this
problem because lots of systems I've played with in the past or will dabblewith
in the future will incorporate the ref function, and I need to know the proper
way of setting the delays in Settings so they don't interfere with the formula.
Thanks a lot.

Al V.
<BLOCKQUOTE