>From:
<A title=RickParsons@xxxx
href="">Rick Parsons
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 7:12
PM
Subject: [amibroker] Equity()
observation

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=2>Tomasz,
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff
size=2>I haven't seen this observation mentioned
before.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#0000ff size=2>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#0000ff size=2>I find that when I run Backtest on a small groupof
stocks in a specific watchlist and the AFL contains the Equity() functionand
then I click on stocks that were NOT included in the watchlist or backtest,
those stocks sometimes contain their own equity curve which shows up on the
chart.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#0000ff size=2>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#0000ff size=2>How does this happen?  Is Equity() acting like an
Indicator Builder formula and applying my backtested AFL system to any stock I
click on?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#0000ff size=2>If so, boy, that is a neat, neat trick.  Then I can
just scan thru all stocks looking for great equity curves for my
formula.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#0000ff size=2>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#0000ff size=2>Don't tell me it's not so...
<grin>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"
color=#0000ff size=2>
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS"