From: <A
title=amibroker@xxxx href="">Tomasz Janeczko
To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 5:08 PM
Subject: AmiBroker 3.99.2 beta released

<FONT
face="Arial CE">Hello,

A new bug-fix release - 3.99.2 beta is available for download
from
the following locations:
<FONT
face="Arial CE">
<FONT
size=2>http://www.amibroker.net/bin/ab3992beta.exe

<FONT
size=2>ftp://ftp.amibroker.net/pub/ab3992beta.exe

<FONT
size=2>http://www.amibroker.com/bin/ab3992beta.exe

<FONT
size=2>ftp://ftp.amibroker.com/pub/ab3992beta.exe
Best regards,Tomasz
Janeczkoamibroker.com

AmiBroker 3.99 Beta Read Me
April 17, 2002 16:46
This document discusses a Beta release of AmiBroker. The information in
this document is provided as-is and is subject to change without notice. No
formal product support is available for this beta version.
You should be aware of the fact that beta release is not complete software
and may contain bugs, incompatibilities and other errors.
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
IMPORTANT: This archive is update-only. You have to install full
version 3.90 first.
Make a BACKUP of the directory where you installed previous (3.90)
version.Then unpack the beta archive onto this directory.
Then run AmiBroker. You should see "AmiBroker 3.99 beta" written in the About
box.
CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.99.2 (as compared to 3.99.0)
fixed bug occuring on exit when no document window was open
double click on ticker tree displays a chart window if no window was open
Foreign() function does not show error message box if referenced symbol
does not exits in the database - instead it returns {EMPTY_VAL}
user text holds on chart again (fix to the bug induced by 3.97)
caption of weekly bar shows friday as end date in "show bar begin time"
mode
focus switches back to AFL editor on AFL error in AA/Indicator Builder
windows
backtester checks if high and low prices are different than zero-
before trying to adjust buy/sell/short/coverprice arrays to high-low range. In
normal case this was not the case but if you were backtesting composite equity
(you should not but...) which has only close array != 0 you got Profit N/A and
other strange numbers in previous version (this was really user-error, you
should not include composite equity tickers in the backtest because it makes
no sense)
by default AddToComposite function adds new tickers to market 253 (instead
of 0) now
fixed bug in handling points-only mode by Equity function
fixed predefining of BuyPrice/SellPrice/ShortPrice/CoverPrice arrays in
Ind. Builder
obsolete controls removed from Preferences/Data tab
CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.99.0 (as compared to 3.98.1)
Equity function has new syntaxSYNTAX:Equity( Flags = 0, RangeType
= -1, From = 0, To = 0 );whereNEW PARAMETERFlags - defines the
behaviour of Equity function0 : (default) Equity works as in 3.98 - just
calculates the equity array1 : works as 0 but additionally updates
buy/sell/short/cover arrays soall redundant signals are removed exactly as
it is done internally by the backtesterplus all exits by stops are applied
so it is now possible to visualise ApplyStop() stops.2 : (advanced)
works as 1 but updated signals are not moved back to their original
positionsif buy/sell/short/cover delays set in preferences are
non-zeroNote: this flag is documented but in 99% of cases should not be
used in your formula.Other values are reserved for the
future.RangeType, From, To - arguments as described in
v3.98Example:Buy = High > Ref( HHV( High, 20 ), -1 );Sell =
0;ApplyStop( 1, 1, 5, 1 );Equity( 1 );exit is made only by
apply stop, thanks to new equity(1)you can see sell arrow generated by
ApplyStop
in Automatic analysis window you are now able to display
buy/sell/short/cover arrows for ALL actual trades (a new option is available
from right mouse button menu over the result list,and via double click +
ALT key)
Backtester now reports the type of stop that exited the trade (max loss),
(profit), (trail) - are added to mark trades that were closed by max. loss
stop, profit target stop and trailing stop respectively.You can also mark
your own reasons for exit by assigning numerical valueto sell, cover
arrays:1 - means normal exit, 2 - max loss, 3- profit target, 4-trailing
stop,5 - 9 reserved for future use (other types of built-in stops.10
and above - custom exits labelled by Long (n) or Short(n) where n is a number
> 10Example:cond1 = Cross( EMA( Close, 20 ), Close );cond2
= Cross( Signal(), MACD() );Buy = Cross( MACD(), 0 );Sell =IIf(
cond1, 10, IIf( cond2, 11, 0 ) );
new AFL function:ExRemSpan( Array, NumBars
)FUNCTION:Removes excessive signals that span NumBars bars since
initial signal.(In other words first non-zero bar passes through, then all
subsequent non-zero bars are ignored (zero is returned) until NumBars bars
have passed since initial signal. From then on a new signal may pass
through)This function makes easy writing exits after a fixed number of
bars, for example if you want to sell always 5 bars after the buy you should
now use combination of ExRemSpan and Ref(). It will work even if initial buy
array has lots of redundant signals:Buy = 1;Buy = ExRemSpan( Buy,
5 );Sell = Ref( Buy, -5 );

CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.98.1 (as compared to 3.98.0)
fixed "freezing" problem when AmiBroker was re-launched with an empty
Equity chart
equity graph is plotted correctly even if your system uses graph/Plot
statements
previously saved AA settings are restored at the application startup so,
Equity plots use correct settings without the need to re-open AA
window.
CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.98.0 (as compared to 3.97.1)
Equity() function
implemented<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"
size=-1>SYNTAX:Equity( RangeType = -1, From = 0,To = 0
);whereRangeType - defines quotations range being
used:-1 : (default) use range set in the Automatic analysis window0 :
all quotes1 : n last quotes (n defined by 'From' parameter)2 : n last
days (n defined by 'From' parameter)3 : From/To datesFrom :
defines start date (datenum) (when RangeType == 3) or "n" parameter (when
RangeType == 1 or 2)To: defines end date (datenum) (when RangeType == 3)
otherwise ignoreddatenum defines date the same way as DateNum()
function as YYYMMDDwhere YYY is (year - 1900)MM is monthDD is
dayDecember 31st, 1999 has a datenum of 991231May 21st, 2001 has a
datenum of 1010521FUNCTION:returns Equity line based on
buy/sell/short/cover, **price, all apply stops, and all other backtester
settings.NOTES:All these parameters are evaluated at the
time of the call of Equity function. Complete equity array is generated at
once. Changes to buy/sell/short/cover rules made after the call have no
effect. Equity function can be called multiple times in single
formula.EXAMPLE USAGE:buy = your buy rule;sell =
your sell rule;graph0 = Equity();
automatic Equity plot (Automatic Analysis window -> click on Equity
button (after backtesting))
BuyPrice, SellPrice, ShortPrice, CoverPrice, PositionSize variables are
predefined also in the Indicator Builder (no "undefined identifier" errorin
IB)
AA scan mode displays also short/cover signals now
Value Label is not displayed when graph has {EMPTY} value
new graphNstyle value = 4096 - don't draw value label for this graph line
immediate refresh after bars are received from eSignal plugin
eSignal plugin now works with afterhours data (FormT)
new docking windows (supporting multiple windows in one row) + renamed
window titles
an option to automatically tile mutliple chart windows
zoom out toolbar button added
hourly/intraday periodicity toolbar buttons added
fixed positionsize handling for short trades it is now checked at short
signal (not cover as before)
CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.97.1 (as compared to 3.97.0)
value labels do not overlap (greetings to AmiBroker group:-)
value labels text is written in white or black depending on the brightness
of the label
vertical line should be visible much better
fixed problem with overwriting OHLC price arrays in AFL
formula
CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.97.0 (as compared to 3.95.0)
Realtime Market watch (RT only) window implemented (disabled when data
plugin is not RT-enabled) + internal improvements for RT handling
UNDO for Drawing tools implemented (Ctrl+Z, or Edit->Undo)
StrLeft( string, count ), StrRight( string, count ), StrMid( string,
start, count ) AFL functions implemented
improvements to AddToComposite function:
AddToComposite( array, "artif_ticker", "X", flags = 7 )accepts "X"
field definition (in addition to regular OHLCVI)"X" means update O,H,
L, C fields simultaneously
flags parameter is the sum of the following 1 - reset values atthe
beginning of scan (recommended)2 - put composite ticker into group 253
and EXCLUDE all other tickers from group 253(avoids adding composite to
composite)NEW: 4 - put last scan date/time stamp into FullName
field
when a AddToComposite() adds a new ticker stock tree is automatically
refreshed
when "continuous quotations" box is unchecked - intraday and daily charts
default to line chart
candlesticks can be now drawn in 4 different styles - seePreferences -
Miscellaneous tab "Use distinct color for candlestick...."- the default
settings gives you "classic" AmiBroker look but I suggest to check all 4
possibilities because color bars look much better in "Shadows only" mode for
example
vertical line separating days in intraday and years in EOD charts is now
optional
added labels showing the end value of each graph line (to switch off go to
Preferences - Miscellaneous - "Show value labels")
new style for graphNstyle variable: 2048 - do not rescale Y axis.
new database dialog suggests a following path for a new
database<current working directory>\MyNewDatabase
time out for slow external COM objects is increased to 10sec (should help
slow responding TC2000 server)
CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.95.0 (as compared to 3.93.1)
new functions in AFL:Weighted Moving Average - WMA( array, periods ) -
accepts variable periods (array)Double Exponential Moving Average - DEMA(
array, periods ) - accepts variable periods (array)Triple Exponential
Moving Average - TEMA( array, periods ) - accepts variable periods
(array)TimeNum() - returns bar time HHMMSS: 15 hours 23 minutes and 30
seconds is represented by 152330 Hour(), Minute(), Second() - return bar
hour, minute and second
AFL Open/Save As file dialogs remember also file name of the most recently
saved formula
Printing directly from AFL editors implemented - right mouse button over
the formula window then choose "Print"
no overlaping texts on date axis anymore
selected quotation (vertical line) does not disapear when chart is
scrolled or refreshed
price chart now display vertical line dividing days (in intraday modes)
and years (in daily/weekly/monthly modes)
Refresh feature fixed (once again) + simultaneous refresh of mutliple
symbol charts implemented
Auto-refresh driven by plugin implemented (now only eSignal plugin
utilises this feature)
if only it is possible, scroll bar is NOT moved to the last bar after
chart refresh (but new bars arriving from RT plugin show up :-))
Edit->Delete quotation and Edit->Delete session force chart refresh
AmiBroker now notifies previously used data plugin when user chooses a
different one or loads the database that uses a different plugin (this allows
closing internet connections for example)
when ExitAtStop is switched OFF - max. loss and profit target stops are
triggered by examining SellPrice/CoverPrice tables instead of
High/Low(trailing stop worked that way since the beginning)
trendline properties dialog works correctly also for intraday charts now
(additional edit boxes for start/end time)
OLE automation: new method added to Stocks collection:string
GetTickerList( long type ) (type = -1 - all tickers)- returns comma
separated ticker list
fixed problem tha occured with "show current trade arrows" applied to
intraday charts
fixed crash that occured when one tried to import empty tickers using
$NOQUOTES mode
fixed hangup when displaying charts of values greater than 10^15
fixed crash when importing ASCII files with time given in format HH:MM
(without seconds)
minor bug fixes
HTMLView.exe program: only Save As... option is now left and it worksOK.
Also reduced program size from 36KB to 19KB :-)
TC2000 plugin now provides the access to Wordens proprietary
indicatorsBalance Of Power and Money Stream via GetExtraData
call:GetExtraData("BOP") and GetExtraData("MoneyStream")
CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.93.1 (as compared to 3.93.0)
AddToComposite works ONLY in scan mode now
fixed "Delete" feature in Symbol->Organize assignments
fixed "Edit formula" feature
cosmetic fix in charting: when only flat line = X is plotted scale is set
from X to 1.1*X
CHANGES FOR VERSION
3.93.0 (as compared to 3.92.0)
Custom intervals for
intraday bars implemented (new Preferences->Intraday page)
new AFL function
AddToComposite( array, "ticker", "field", flags = 3 )single function
replacement of JScript/VBScript composite formula described in newsletter
12/2001. Allows you to create composite indicators with
ease.Parameters:array - the array of values to be added to "field" in
"ticker" composite symbol "ticker" - the ticker of composite symbol. It is
advised to use ~comp (tilde at the beginning)newly added composites are
assigned to group 253 by default andhave "use only local database" feature
switched on for proper operation with external sourcesflags - contains
the sum of following values1 - reset values at the beginning of scan
(recommended)2 - put composite ticker into group 253 and EXCLUDE all other
tickers from group 253(avoids adding composite to
composite)AddToComposite function also detects the contextin
which it is runand does NOT affect composite ticker when run in Indicator
or Commentary mode,so it is now allowed to join scan and indicator into
single formula.Simple usage example:AddToComposite( MACD()
> 0, "~BullMACD", "V");graph0 = Foreign("~BullMACD", "V");(now
you can use the same formula in scan and indicator)
Ultimate() indicator now
uses H/L prices instead of just close
Status() function
supports new argument:Status("action") - gives information in what context
given formula is run1 - INDICATOR, 2 - COMMENTARY, 3 - SCAN, 4 -
EXPLORATION, 5 - BACKTEST / OPTIMIZE
Quotations editor now allows easy adding new quotes in Single symbol mode
(note (new) entry at the beginning of the quote list - select it and editnew
quote)
Stock menu renamed to "Symbol"
Market, Group, Sector and Industry information is shown in the statusbar
Fixed synchronization between tree and ticker bar
Deleting stock selects next symbol (not 2nd next)
View->Refresh fixed
Metastock importer and plug-in now support also intraday MS databases
Double click on the result list in Auto-Analysis window switches correctly
the periodicity also for intraday charts
buy arrows are green and sell arrows are red regardless of custom palette
settings
removed warning for running backtest over 1000 issues in no-trade mode
when new database is loaded charts are switched automatically to DB'sbase
interval.
CHANGES FORVERSION
3.92.0 (as compared to 3.90.6)
intra-day support implemented in charting engine
ASCII importer & wizard now feature new field definition: TIME
(allowable formats: HHMM, HH:MM, HHMMSS, HH:MM:SS )
intra-day support added to the backtester/optimizer
Database settings window features time base setting
sorting by ticker after backtest in no-trades mode works OK now
number of rows in the result list is reported in exploration/scan
modes
AA export to CSV file does not include formula when you unmark "formula"
check box in the settings
Find feature implemented in all AFL editors - press Ctrl+F to find text
specifying graphNstyle 64 or 128 causes scaling based on H/L array in
custom indicators
added "Edit formula" option in the chart context menu that allows instant
editing of custom indicator formula.
NOTES
New Metastock data plugin (MS.DLL) featuring intraday support is locatedin
the Plugins subfolder
This archive contains
"Sample" directory which includes sample intraday 1-minute quotes in
"Date","Time","Open","High","Low","Close","Volume" format. You can import it to
the database to check out new intraday features. You would need to:

Create a new database
(File->New database) and set "Time base" to "1 minute"
Use Import Wizard to
import quotes from Sample directory (select
"Date","Time","Open","High","Low","Close","Volume" in corresponding columns),
or use supplied quotecom.format importer definition (in the Formats
subdirectory)
Choose View->1 minute
to see intraday chart
Choose Automatic
Analysis->Settings : Periodicity "1 minute" to scan/backtest

This obviously is a rather
preview of new features. Later on (March) direct RT/intraday delayed feeds will
be available. eSignal will be the first RT platform supported. There will be
also a 15/20-minute delayed intraday Quote.com-based feed.
HOW TO REPORT BUGS
If you experience any problem with this beta version please send detailed
description of the problem (especially the steps needed to reproduce it) to<A
href="">bugs@xxxx