Re: [amibroker] Re: Importing from MS

Hi Tomasz,

TJ> I will consider adding the feature suggested by you.

Thank you very much. And to answer tradeshark about *why* I'd like
this, I'll explain.

I do it all by hand. There is no service I know of in Japan that
supports updating MS files, or AB files. And I've asked MS about it,
too, and spent more time in search of a service like this than I care
to remember.

So, I have a universe of stocks that I update each day by hand.
However, I don't actively trade but a subset of this universe. That
subset can change composition, of course.

Now, you might be interested to know that we have a lunch break of 90
minutes here in Tokyo. During that time, I update the subset, but
not the entire universe. I also update the subset 15 min prior to
the close. After the close I update the entire universe. Been doing
it this way for a long, long time. (^_^)

So, I'd like to import only the updated subset from MS at lunch and
prior to the close. Then after the close import the entire universe
after I've updated it.

One solution would be to make a separate folder in MS for the subset.
However, if you then copy updated data files into that folder (after
updating the entire universe) you get "Last Date" errors in MS. If
you copy both the master and emaster in there too, you don't have the
last date problem of course, but now you have an entire universe
instead of a subset. If you don't copy anything into the subset
folder, you have simply added to your workload, needing to update
both the universe and the subset. See the problem?

Again, it's not a huge deal, but if Tomasz can add the ability to
make my life easier without making his too difficult, that would be
great.

Thanks all,

Yuki

P.S. tradestation, what I mean by running scripts is actually using
.cmd (.bat in 9x) files to execute copy commands.

For example, putting something like this in a .cmd file and then
executing it via a shortcut:

copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\cyclot~1\
copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\plain\
copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\japan\
copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\weekly\
copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\williams\
copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\weekly~1\
copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\aofast~1\
copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\test\
copy m:\metast~1\master\*.* m:\metast~1\72\