Re: [amibroker] StochK? or StochD

Hello,

Indeed there is some mess in literature about
stochastics.
I will describe the way the stochastic functions
are calculated in AmiBroker.

Please note that StochK and StochD in AFL are "Slow
stochastics" they differ
from "Fast stochastic" in that they are
smoothed.

So fast stochastic is calculated as
follows:

FASTSTOCHK = <FONT
color=#ff00ff>100*(C-<FONT
color=#0000ff>LLV(L,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>14))/(HHV(<FONT
color=#000000>H,14)-<FONT
color=#0000ff>LLV(L,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>14));
This is so called Fast Stochastic %K line. Note that
there is no direct function in AFL for calculating fast stochastics.
When we smooth the above function with period 3 MA we
get Fast stochastic %D
FASTSTOCHD = MA( FastStochK, 3
);
Then we arrive at "slow stochastics" -
Slow Stochastic %K is THE SAME as Fast stochastic
%D:
SLOWSTOCHK = MA( FastStochK, 3
);
This is exactly what StochK function
returns.
Then slow stochastic %D is smoothed again
line:
SLOWSTOCHD = MA( SLOWSTOCHK, 3
);
You can check the following formula for
reference:
MaxGraph<FONT
face=Arial> = <FONT
color=#ff00ff>4;<FONT
color=#000000>

FASTSTOCHK = <FONT
color=#ff00ff>100*(C<FONT
face=Arial>-LLV(<FONT
color=#000000>L,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>14))/(HHV(<FONT
color=#000000>H,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>14)-LLV(<FONT
color=#000000>L,<FONT
color=#ff00ff>14));
Graph0 = SLOWSTK =
MA<FONT
color=#000000>( FastStochK, <FONT
color=#ff00ff>3
); // calculated Slow Stoch %K
Graph1 =
<FONT
color=#0000ff>StochK( <FONT
color=#ff00ff>14<FONT face=Arial
size=2> ); // built in Slow Stoch %K
Graph2 =
MA<FONT
color=#000000>( Graph1, <FONT
color=#ff00ff>3
); // calculated Slow Stoch %D
Graph3 =
<FONT
color=#0000ff>StochD( <FONT
color=#ff00ff>14 ); // built-in Slow Stoch
%D

Best regards,Tomasz
Janeczko===============AmiBroker - the comprehensive share
manager.<FONT face=Arial