Re: [amibroker] AFL Indicator

Hi Jaco,
I just stumbled across your MRI indicator. In backtesting
it first looked actually great. Until I realized that you have the ability to
"look into the future". This ability is implied in your AFL code which usesthe
statement
Ref(Close,1)
This looks one period into the future, i.e. the signals
that you think appear, are actually only known one day later. If one corrects
your formula for this flaw, the outcome is actually horrible.
What do you think about this?

There is a great danger of using AFL code that employ
statements that "look into the future". If you are not careful, it may do well
in backtesting, but only due to the fact that when using past data in
backtesting, the "future" is always known already. But as some wise guy said:

"Too bad my broker forces me to trade at the hard right
edge of the chart."

Regards
Al
<BLOCKQUOTE