Re: Exporting Database

Hi Hal,
Paste in AA the

/*Stocks with V<25000 or Close<5 or Close>50*/
filter=v<25000 or c<5 or c>50;
numcolumns=2;
column0=close;
column1=v;
Select all stocks,n last days n=1
and Explore.
You may put the results in a Watch list.
The rest may come from the conjugate exploration

/*Stocks with V>=25000 or 5<=Close<=50*/
filter=not(v<25000 or c<5 or c>50);
numcolumns=2;
column0=close;
column1=v;
and may be placed in another watch list.
Dimitris Tsokakis
--- In amibroker@xxxx, Hal Brehe <infoads@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi TJ and All,
>
> I wish to export my entire AB database MINUS those tickers whose:
> Volume on the Last Date of the DB is less than 25000 shares,
> Whose price is less than $5
> Or more than $50.
>
> After reading the instructions in the AB Help, Explore Tutorial, I
did what was stated but not knowing what to expect, I pushed the
Explore button and waited and waited and waited!

> I finally stopped the process after 35 minutes as I learned that:
>
> 1.) Each day occupied one line of the AB spread sheet display.
> 2.) I was after around 625 days of each of 2500 tickers (less those
kicked out by the filter), and felt that maybe I was running out of
the limit for the program.

> In looking critically at the data I found that for some tickers I
had only 4 entries on others many more --- I then thought that I'd
better look at the filter again -- and to the best of my copying
ability, it was correct....but what happened was.

> The filter was being applied to each date entry, -- if ANY DAILY
entry dipped below/above any of the thresholds in the database then
those DAILY entries would be deleted from the database, leaving the
remainder alone.... this surely screws up data - in no time flat!!

> So the reason for this e-mail was to inquire if there was a way to
have the filtering apply to just the last day and accept or reject
the entire ticker data based on that time period?

> The only work around that I find is that I filter the tickers with
a "daily" run and save those tickers as a LIST. Then use those LIST
tickers as the "master" list to export the database.

> I'd appreciate any thoughts or assistance.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Hal
> P.S. My e-mail program (Eudora) allows me to view mail entirely
across my screen width. I have my TOOLS / OPTIONS / VIEWING MAIL /
MESSAGE WINDOW / WIDTH, set for 150 characters per line and 30
vertical lines.
> This message was written using the full width of my screen (except
those obvious indentations and columns I chose to insert). This
addition is sent because the majority of the messages I view occupy
less than half a line length when I view them. I investigated this a
bit and I came to the conclusion that the SENDER controls the display
width on the receivers' screen. I would appreciate some feedback
regarding how this message appears on your screen. If it is NOT full
width than maybe I can adjust, or you can adjust the "Message Window
Width and Number of lines. Since this is Off-Topic, a personal
message would be most suitable. hal