Re: The Note on Relative Slope

Hi P,
I like your trading point of view and here is my answer.
a) The period is from Jan 2000 till now.
b) The "character" and/or the funtamentals did not change.
Company growth and profits were positive.
c) As you read from optimization formula, I was not restricted
in 13, 6, 5.
Of course I put 13, 5, 6 as other combinations and "look".
d) Vietnam veterans experience is always appreciated, although
they did not know WHY did they go there(at least it was not an
optimum choice). Did they count how many innocents died when
they were "keeping their eyes out of the cock pit"? Because auto-
counters were well known that period.
e) "Local" and "global" : A MACD, SIGNAL cross is a local phenomenon.
"Global" for the case is the relative composite ticker, _macdbull and
_macdbear, exposed in your AFL Library
http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=71
in "Trending or Trading" small article. I run it daily (it takes less
than a valuable minute) and, although it is a first approach
(the "Market Direction" is more informative) it is long term
interesting.
f) I have tried very small periods but the result is lost in the
whipsaw deep ocean.
Thank you for trading dialogue.
Dimitris Tsokakis