>From:
Hal Brehe

To: <A title=amibroker@xxxxxxxxxx
href="">amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 2:13
AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Interactive
Brokers Reply
Hi Johan,I have three accounts withIB.
They are great, except you get NO interest of any kind on your money,
therefore if you don't intend to invest the majority of your funds, maybe
there might be some other brokerage paying interest you might consider.
If you need psychological or any YES man working for you, then it's No
Good, as you are warned before you open account that you should know all about
how to place the orders that you want, because it is YOU who, in effect, place
your orders and then send them on to the market makers. At 1 centper
share on stocks for the first 500 shares, then 0.5 cents/share for quantities
above 500. Futures contracts are very low also - I believe around $1.50 -- but
you can read all of that stuff at their site.If you want to "be on
your own", then this is the place. If you learn to use the "Hot Keys" forthe
various functions, then I understand that the market action is almost
instantaneous and suitable for "day trading".Their "HELP" works best
with e-mails, and at times is a bit slow in responding, to counter that there
is 24 hour help. You might be talking to Hong Kong, after our markets closed
(I did!), but somewhere in the world there is an IB brokerage that will try to
answer your questions. You can tell that they are NOT over staffed, but I
believe  its adequate. I had trouble with Stop orders, then I found out
that stops are a two price operation. The trigger price then the Active price.
So should you use stops, then be warned, study them closely before you use
them.If you have other questions, give me a shout. As for me, IB is
GREAT!Regards, HalAt 11:40 PM 8/15/01 +0000, you