Re: [amibroker] Re:New indicator

As I responded to Dimitri, I wanted the close today, which I got from my
calculations ,in the spreedsheet and in the indicator, when using
c1=ref(close,1),and c1 = ref(close,0), and in the spreedsheet I had
todays close entered. Note; I have corrected the line of code and
uploaded new file.

AS FOR :
Tomasz;Also: I agree with Dimitris that writing trading systems using
Ref with positiveoffsets (looking into the future) would give results
that could not bereproduced in real life. (unless you have time-machine
:-)))

When I responded to Dimitri, I beleive I Wrote: c1 = ref(close, -5) ,
meaning that you could start your calculation from the close 5 days ago.

I did not intend to see the future. Possible communication error or
typing error.

Note: I made a note that I will be sending the appropriate comment to
follow the indicator and a tutorial on how to use it.

Please see the attached image, this is what I have produced, the
calculations , but with out the lines, the -5 comes from that attached
image, meaning if I start my calculation from the close 5 days ago and
are looking at a 20 day time period and project lines to the top and
bottom targets , you can visually see the most probable range of
prices.for the next 15 days. ( based on the assumption that 68% of all
market outcome happens between +1 and -1 standard Deviations.

Tomasz Janeczko wrote:

> Hi, >Because, whithout data for tomorrow, the program gives
> for>ref(close,1) the available today´s price.>(In my opinion, it
> should indicate an {empty} value, because>ref(close,+1) exists for all
> previous days except the last one)>I do not know how it is designed, I
> know how it works.] Yes it gives today's price for the last bar as we
> don't know the future yet :-)The reason why it doesn't return {empty}
> is that some of the otherfunctions may be confused if they see {empty}
> at the end of the array(normally {empty} values appear only at the
> beginning and all AFL functionsare aware of this fact) Also: I agree
> with Dimitris that writing trading systems using Ref with
> positiveoffsets (looking into the future) would give results that
> could not bereproduced in real life. (unless you have time-machine
> :-))) Best regards,Tomasz Janeczkoamibroker.com

--------------1E18C8E084FA6A1F1F0C3A95

tomasz;
my calculations ,in the spreedsheet and in the indicator, when using c1=ref(close,1),and
c1 = ref(close,0),&nbsp; and in the spreedsheet I had todays close entered.
<b>Note;</b> I have corrected the line of code and uploaded new file.
trading systems using Ref with positive</font><font size=-1>offsets (looking
into the future) would give results that could not be</font><font size=-1>reproduced
<b>c1 = ref(close, -5) </b>, meaning that you could start your calculation
from the close 5 days ago.</font>
comment to follow the indicator and a tutorial on how to use it.
the calculations , but with out the lines, the <b>-5</b> comes from that
attached image, meaning if I start my calculation from the close 5 days
ago and are looking at a 20 day time period and project lines to the top
and bottom targets&nbsp; , you can visually see the most probable range
of prices.for the next 15 days. ( based on the assumption that 68% of all
market outcome happens between +1 and -1 standard Deviations.
whithout data for tomorrow, the program gives for</font><font size=-1>>ref(close,1)
the available today&acute;s price.</font><font size=-1>>(In my opinion,
it should indicate an {empty} value, because</font><font size=-1>>ref(close,+1)
exists for all previous days except the last one)</font><font size=-1>>I
do not know how it is designed, I know how it works.]</font>&nbsp;<font size=-1>Yes
it gives today's price for the last bar as we don't know the future yet
:-)</font><font size=-1>The reason why it doesn't return {empty} is that
some of the other</font><font size=-1>functions may be confused if they
see {empty} at the end of the array</font><font size=-1>(normally {empty}
values appear only at the beginning and all AFL functions</font><font size=-1>are
aware of this fact)</font>&nbsp;<font size=-1>Also: I agree with Dimitris
that writing trading systems using Ref with positive</font><font size=-1>offsets
(looking into the future) would give results that could not be</font><font size=-1>reproduced
in real life. (unless you have time-machine :-)))</font>&nbsp;&nbsp;<font size=-1>Best

--------------1E18C8E084FA6A1F1F0C3A95--