Re: [amibroker] The Holy Grail of Market Timers

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 at 10:53:44, wavemechanic <wd78@xxxx>
wrote about [amibroker] The Holy Grail of Market Timers:

Like you I have been around many corners in my trading "career" until
landing on my present approach. There is no single way to skin this
cat - no right or wrong way. Each has to find the way that is
comfortable.

There is no doubt that this is a very individual pursuit. And
developing ones own style/system generates trust and confidence in it's
possibilities. As always the learners draw on the knowledge of the
teachers until they can progress under their own volition.

But whatever route one chooses, an essential part of the discipline
is money management. Without that you are lost, irrespective of the
methodology used.

Clearly the emphasis on Money Management is an important one, and it has
cropped up on a number of occasions in this group. My knowledge of it
is somewhat general and I am keen to look into this further. However,
as always in this game, there are a variety of books with wonderful
titles and even more astounding price tags. Quality and depth often
play second fiddle to 'get rich quick schemes' and 'fodder for the
newcomer'.

Is there a particular recommended 'tome/bible' on this topic that would
provide meaningful, in-depth explanations? Something applicable for a
variety of international markets - not just the one in the locality of
the writer. For myself, reference to UK Markets would be most
beneficial. But I'm sure a work that is easily transferable between
countries/markets would be a boon.

Cheers

Peter
--