Re: Data Holes

Tom,
Let me make the first step.
Suppose you want to find holes of "QCOM", a stock of ^NDX.
Paste in AA the formula

S1=RELSTRENGTH("QCOM");
S2=IIF(ISEMPTY(S1),1,0);
FILTER=S2==1;
NUMCOLUMNS=1;
COLUMN0=S1;

Select from the ticker tree ^NDX.
Then, in AA select
*current stock
*all quotations
and hit Explore.
The result will give you the dates missing from "QCOM".

Possible reasons:
1. The stock is young in the ^NDX.
(Indeed, "PALM" entered ^NDX on March 2, 2000)
2. Some data are missing from your download source.
3. There is something very strange with Yahoo data. If one day
a stock did not trade, Yahoo omits that date at all.
The correct should be a close price equal to the last traded price.
This problem is increased in AMEX, where some stocks do not
trade for 3 or 5 continuous dates.
The way that Yahoo gives data does not permit to "see" the holes.

Conclusion
1. Above formula should be generalized, or replaced by a better
one. Any idea ?
2. Is it possible to contact Yahoo to change this peculiar habit.?
(Needless to say that ANY technical analysis is unreliable if non
trading days are missing)

This is my contribution for the moment.

Dimitris Tsokakis