Re: [amibroker] Backtesting reports

Tomasz:

You are missing the point.  The DrawLine function
does not exist because Wealth-Lab does not have manual drawing (but I wouldbe
surprised if that does not appear soon).  Instead, with DrawLine
and similar functions Gann, Fibonacci, and other line-type studies can
be effected after calculating where the two points are.  The object
then is to draw the lines between those two points.  You will never beable
to do such studies with a trendline tool with or without the Study
function.  For example, can you draw a Gann fan or Square of 9 with the
trendline tool with anything approaching the required precision and
accuracy?  Or, there are Fibonacci retracement levels and techniques that
are not part of AmiBroker's canned indicators.  Can you draw those with a
trendline?  Could you draw the Fibonacci retracements that are in AmiBroker
by hand?  For trading purposes, not in a zillion years.  If you are
not familiar with these studies, I can suggest some references and
provide some gif examples.  By the way, along the same lines there
are similar functions such as DrawCircle for Fibonacci arcs, etc.
Bottom line is that such functions are very valuable to users, reflecting their
power and ease of use.

Hope this helps.

Bill

<BLOCKQUOTE