Re: [amibroker] CML tickers + preventing Option tickers from entering the data base

Hello,

> Q1] can you suggest what action I should take to fix this ? (I should
> then merge the old CML with the new CMLDA ??)
You should add CMLC and CMLDA stocks (Stock->Add) - but they should be
already there since ASCII importer adds new stocks automatically.
Then you should merge quotes using
Stock->Merge. Destination: CMLC (or CMLDA),
with "CML" and the rest of options unchecked.

> Q2] My ascii files contain hundreds of six-letter tickers denoting
> stock options. How do I prevent them from entering the data base at
> all ?
Currently there is no easy way to prevent them from being imported
IF they are all in single ASCII file.
You can create a scan like this:
buy = name()==6;
and move the results to a separate group so you can omit these
tickers during back-testing.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
http://www.amibroker.com