Help with code!

Ok...I've looked at this thing until I'm cross-eyed. It seems like it
should function properly but it doesn't for me...sometimes it helps to have
others to look at it so here it goes...

b1=IIF(close>ref(close, -1),1,-1);
f1=IIF(close>ma(close,10),2,-2);
d2=IIF(close>ma(close,20),3,-3);
e2=IIF(ma(close,10)>ma(close,20),1,-1);
d3=IIF(volume>ma(volume,20),1,-1);

e3=IIF(b1=d3=1,10,-10);

graph0=e3;

The problem is the e3! It will not change! It remains at +10. I have
manually ran this against price data that should turn it to -10,but it won't
change in the program. When the e3 IIF statement is introduced b1 and d3
"magically" always read the same. However, when the e3 IIF is removed, b1
and d3,read the way they are supposed too. Sometimes they are equal
sometimes not, which is supposed to change the e3 IIF when in the AFL...

So I leave this problem to the AFL Gods...and may the FORCE BE WITH YOU!

Thanks