Re: automatic quotes from Yahoo

Hello,

I did this, and AmiBroker up and running, but still nothing happens
when I click the script.

I got the script and URLGet.exe both in C:\Yahoo a new directory I
made.

Amibroker is installed in c:\programfiles\amibroker

So I don't have a clue how to go about this. I have a windows 98
machine with IE 5.5 so what is wrong here?

Thanks for help

Robert Feddes

--- In amibroker@xxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <tj@xxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Your Dest dir should be written as follows:
> DestDir = "c:\\Yahoo";
>
> Also you might also download the very latest update
> (http://www.amibroker.com/bin/ab361.zip).
>
> Also remember to have AmiBroker RUNNING before
> clicking on the script.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko

backslashes
> [...]
>
> function Import( filename )
> {
> try
> {
> AmiBroker.Import( 0, filename, "aqd.format" );
> }
> catch( e )
> {
> return false;
> }
>
> /* refresh ticker list and windows */
> AmiBroker.RefreshAll();
> return true;
> }
>
> function CheckFolder()
> {
> if( ! FileSys.FolderExists( DestDir ) )
> {
> FileSys.CreateFolder( DestDir );
> }
> }
>
> function IsValidDatabase()
> {
> if( ChkTicker != "" && AmiBroker.Stocks.Count > 0 )
> {
> try
> {
> return AmiBroker.Stocks( ChkTicker ).Ticker
> == ChkTicker;
> }
> catch( e )
> {
> WScript.echo("The database currently loaded
> into AmiBroker does not have " + ChkTicker + "\nSo I guess this is
> not correct database.\nUpdate failed.");
> }
> }
>
> return false;
> }
>
> function Main()
> {
> bOK = true;
> var Today = new Date();
>
> if( ! IsValidDatabase() ) return;
>
> CheckFolder();
>
> var Qty = AmiBroker.Stocks.Count;
>
> var TickerList = "";
>
> var j = 0; /* this variable is used for marking different
> files from one day */
>
> for( i = 0; i < Qty; i++ )
> {
> TickerList += AmiBroker.Stocks( i ).Ticker;
>
> if( ( i % ChunkSize ) == (ChunkSize-1) || i == ( Qty -
> 1) )
> {
>
> y = Today.getFullYear();
> m = Today.getMonth() + 1;
> d = Today.getDate();
>
> bOK = true;
>
> filename = y + ( m < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + m + (
> d < 10 ? "0" : "" ) + d + "_" + j + FileExt;
>
> URL = URLPrefix + TickerList + URLPostfix;
>
> if( Download( URL, DestDir + filename ) )
> {
> if( ! Import( DestDir + filename ) )
> bOK = false;
> }
> else
> {
> bOK = false;
> }
>
> if( ! bOK && WshShell.popup( "The download
> and/or import of the " + filename + " has failed.\nThis can be
> because the data are not available or network connection
problem.\nDo